Stock issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock issues

The first batch done and I can start thinking about drinking it. The problem I have now is that every LHBS that I have looked at, pretty much everything is out of stock. I can't do all-grain at the moment as I don't have a pot that's big enough (Biggest I have is a 6L stockpot) Pretty much everywhere though doesn't have stock of cans/pouches.Does anyone have an inside track to where I can get some extract supplies?
    There once was a man from Nantucket.
    Who brewed his beer in a bucket.
    He put the wort into there,
    to cut down on the air.
    Then drank it all up like a muppet.

Buy bulk. It's the only place I managed to come right. I order 50kgs of malt on Friday. For one, it's more malts than I usually use in 2 years but cost only a tad more than 3 brews usually does, including the shipping cost. Guess I gotta brew like a monster now.

Comment

Here's a tin or 2 left > https://www.beerlab.co.za/collections/beer-kits
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Quick Q - does anyone know if it's possible to buy directly from a malting place? Like, buy a ton at a time, or something like that?

Comment

Its been a few years but I've never had issue ordering a bag or two directly from maltsters so can't imagine bigger volumes being an issue. Its more convenient to get from the homebrew shop these days for me so I haven't bothered.

Comment

Starting to think the only solution is to break regulations and go to Makro to buy a pot so I can do all-grain. Will do that tomorrow. For now I have 19 quarts left of my "Munich Lager" That looks more like a ruby ale. so I still have time.
            to cut down on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by FriedPiggy View Post
              Starting to think the only solution is to break regulations and go to Makro to buy a pot so I can do all-grain. Will do that tomorrow. For now I have 19 quarts left of my "Munich Lager" That looks more like a ruby ale. so I still have time.
              Why would you be breaking anything ?

Comment

The makro near me is 6km from me and a pot is probably not an esential item. so I am sure our popo would find some reason to add me to their arrest quota if I go up to makro.
                to cut down on the air.

Comment

You're allowed to buy a pot. Go to Makro and buy one. The restrictions on these things are much lighter than you think.

Comment

The makro near me is 6km from me and a pot is probably not an esential item. so I am sure our popo would find some reason to add me to their arrest quota if I go up to makro.
                    If the pot is available for purchase on their website, then you can also buy it in store.

Even if that Makro is 26km from you, you ARE ALLOWED to go there. ... you're not crossing the border

Comment

a pot is an essential item. You have to have it for cooking soup/pap/whatever.
                      Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                      Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                        a pot is an essential item. You have to have it for cooking soup/pap/whatever.
                        and wort!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anybody where I can still find bulk Pale malt and Pilsner available? I never worried during the lock down and had plenty of time to brew, so my bulk stock fell faster than expected. On Sunday I realized I only have 3.5kg left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Cheers

Jacques

Comment

On the same question, but specifically asking for stores in and around Pretoria who might have bulk malt stock. I don't want to ship 50kgs from Cape Town again, it kinda ruins the saving from buying bulk if I have to pay for another bag of malt in shipping just to get it here.

Comment

I believe BevPlus has a warehouse in PTA.
                              Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                              On the same question, but specifically asking for stores in and around Pretoria who might have bulk malt stock. I don't want to ship 50kgs from Cape Town again, it kinda ruins the saving from buying bulk if I have to pay for another bag of malt in shipping just to get it here.
                              Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                              Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Working...
                              X