Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock issues

Stock issues

The first batch done and I can start thinking about drinking it. The problem I have now is that every LHBS that I have looked at, pretty much everything is out of stock. I can't do all-grain at the moment as I don't have a pot that's big enough (Biggest I have is a 6L stockpot) Pretty much everywhere though doesn't have stock of cans/pouches.Does anyone have an inside track to where I can get some extract supplies?

Buy bulk. It's the only place I managed to come right. I order 50kgs of malt on Friday. For one, it's more malts than I usually use in 2 years but cost only a tad more than 3 brews usually does, including the shipping cost. Guess I gotta brew like a monster now.

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quick Q - does anyone know if it's possible to buy directly from a malting place? Like, buy a ton at a time, or something like that?

Its been a few years but I've never had issue ordering a bag or two directly from maltsters so can't imagine bigger volumes being an issue. Its more convenient to get from the homebrew shop these days for me so I haven't bothered.

Starting to think the only solution is to break regulations and go to Makro to buy a pot so I can do all-grain. Will do that tomorrow. For now I have 19 quarts left of my "Munich Lager" That looks more like a ruby ale. so I still have time.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedPiggy View Post
    Starting to think the only solution is to break regulations and go to Makro to buy a pot so I can do all-grain. Will do that tomorrow. For now I have 19 quarts left of my "Munich Lager" That looks more like a ruby ale. so I still have time.
    Why would you be breaking anything ?

The makro near me is 6km from me and a pot is probably not an esential item. so I am sure our popo would find some reason to add me to their arrest quota if I go up to makro.

You're allowed to buy a pot. Go to Makro and buy one. The restrictions on these things are much lighter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedPiggy View Post
    The makro near me is 6km from me and a pot is probably not an esential item. so I am sure our popo would find some reason to add me to their arrest quota if I go up to makro.
    If the pot is available for purchase on their website, then you can also buy it in store.

Even if that Makro is 26km from you, you ARE ALLOWED to go there. ... you're not crossing the border