Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Star Deluxe cleaning

Hi guys,

I need some help, please. I have a Party Star Deluxe tap I use with my 5l mini kegs. Works well and I've figured it out by now, so I enjoy using it. Anyway, tapping my 5l stout this weekend I noticed an issue. The first pour was fine, and when I went back for seconds the beer only came out of the tap at a tiny, tiny dribble. I thought "no more pressure" and twisted in a CO2 cartridge. Still nothing. Ramped up the pressure to full pressure. Still nothing.

So I thought "what the hell". Thought maybe something's stuck in the spear, (maybe some sediment, etc.).

I carefully removed the tap and spear and checked the spear. Nothing. Then I thought "gotta be the stainless pipe that the beer comes out of". Screwed it off - nothing in there. Finally I thought "gotta be in the mechanism then" and checked it out. Took me a while to see how the mechanism works and found that that is indeed the case.

The mechanism only opens a tiny tiny bit when I depress the lever, which is why the beer dribbles. I tried to clean it up (because I usually just rinse it out properly between kegs) but didn't find it dirty or clogged or anything. The mechanism just doesn't open up. I found that when I wiggle the lever it helps somewhat, getting at least a glass full after struggling a bit, but that's obviously not ideal.

So I figured something must be stuck in there somewhere. Maybe a tiny piece of grain or a bit of hop or anything, I dunno. Question is though - how do I get it out? I can't disassemble the tap so any advice would be appreciated!

PS: And yes I know "get a decent kegging setup" is the best advice, I'm just not all there yet.

Maybe try blowing it clean with compressed air from the spout side?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Comment

I've tried spraying water through it with some pressure. It's a very small opening and a very small piece of moving stuff though, so I'm worried about damaging it if I put too much pressure on it. I was more thinking along the lines of an acid based cleaning that could maybe "eat out" the dirt (if any) in the opening?

Comment

Working...
      X