What software do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 5c for today:

Weigh all your equipment that may need to hold large amounts of liquid or grains. Then you can just place the whole pot/keg/etc on the scale and determine what your content is.

I wrote the weights down, but I plan to have the weights put on stickers.

Cheers

Comment

I have a stainless steel rule and a spreadsheet which has all the corresponding conversions from height to volume for all my equipment. Fermenters have markers engraved into the glass at each half liter interval. The trick with Beersmith (and I presume others) is to accurately work out your losses, such as boil off, losses from boil to fermenter, fermenter to bottling etc.
      Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post
        It takes about 5 brews to fine tune your equipment profiles, but you have to accurately measure your volumes at each step
        The measurement at each step might pose a problem, but not impossible. Thank you for the information. Will be hatch marking my fermenters the weekend after next.
        Primary: Bohemian Lager
        Secondary: Bohemian lager/ Ale fusion - Added US-05 to secondary
        Next up: Bohemian Lager
        Then: Bohemian Lager
        And Then: Bohemian Lager
        Conditioning: Chucked Fruit Ale

"What he doth, he doth by rule of Thumb, and not by Art."
        "What's the use of having a mind when you can't change it?"

Comment

I pretty much design my recipes on paper as per my brewing method. I have discovered BREW MATE & it is a useful little tool for saving recipes etc. Probably not the best or most accurate brewing software/app but then again I'm not the most sophisticated brewer.
          Just Bottled: Vrystaat Spyker-Pumpkin Ale
          Just Bottled: Arse Ale - Experimental Light Ale
          Just Bottled: 5 Alarm - 6,4% Ginger Beer
          Fermenter1: Saison Des Bouvier-Saison
          Fermenter2: Shorten Stout - Milk Stout

Comment

Working...
          X