Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer pics

Everyone to their own opinion. I have used Southern Aroma, Southern Passion and African Queen extensively and in quite a few different styles and I think they are great. I think they are on par imported hops.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Everyone to their own opinion. I have used Southern Aroma, Southern Passion and African Queen extensively and in quite a few different styles and I think they are great. I think they are on par imported hops.

cool3.jpg

+1 African Queen is one of my favourites and I would gladly use any SA hop for any style beer.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I'm unable to comment on any SAB hops, but ultimately you are making beer for yourself, so why care what you put in it? If you like it, then you've reached your goal - if others don't like it, well they're not having any
    I've recently kegged a pils, bittered with NZ hops, aroma with german, fermented with voss at lower temps and the result is pretty damn good if I have to say so myself. Is it still a pils? IDGAF, it's mine and it's damn good. The bittering is clean, the aroma is perfect and the yeast did the trick enough so that most wont recognize the difference. Clean and crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    actually that's mostly all what they are useful for
    Interesting, what SA hops and/or combinations with SA hops did you use in your lagers that was any good ?

(I would like to try a few different options, maybe do Southern Aroma with Tettnanger or Hallertau next time)
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    Interesting, what SA hops and/or combinations with SA hops did you use in your lagers that was any good ?

(I would like to try a few different options, maybe do Southern Aroma with Tettnanger or Hallertau next time)
    Manadarina Bavaria? Mittelfruh?

IMG-20191007-WA0000.jpg

Munich Helles that I fermented around 12 psi pressure. Grain to glass in 14 days, includes 2 days cold crash and 2 days in keg to carbonate a bit more. Clean, crisp and refreshing
    Last edited by Harhm; 8th October 2019 at 15:33.
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    IMG-20191007-WA0000.jpg

Munich Helles that I fermented around 12 psi pressure. Grain to glass in 14 days, includes 2 days cold crash and 2 days in keg to carbonate a bit more. Clean, crisp and refreshing
    Wow. Great one

What setup did you use to ferment under pressure ?

Couple of brewed cold ones when I was at Harties the weekend. IPA and Pilsner.
    S Bitter.jpgPilsner.jpg

^ Damn, that Pilsner looks refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    What setup did you use to ferment under pressure ?
    He posted here > http://www.wortsandall.co.za/showthr...ll=1#post23592

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Bitters and my American wheat, currently on tap. Lekker Sunday with some fresh kingklip on the braai. Cheers gents!

20191013_155921.jpg20191013_151123.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk