Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this year I decided to give the family beer as Christmas gifts. Also had a go at creating my own label which still needs some fine-tuning, but think it came out pretty good.
    Based on a Belgium Ale recipe I found on the interweb that I brewed previously and came out pretty damn good. Had it on tap at my birthday, and the friends nearly emptied the keg. Consists of Pilsner, Melanoiden and Aromatic malts and Fuggle hop at 60 and 30 minutes if I recall correctly. (Need to confirm with my notes) and then dry hopped again 7 days later when fermentation ended. I believe there was a mix-up with my grain bill on this batch as the Pilsner base was considerably darker than the previous one, looking more like the Melanoiden malt. Had to proceed as is and beer came out much darker than previously. Gravity readings came out as expected, so hoping it will work.

IMG_20191212_210414.jpg

IMG_20191212_210513.jpg

IMG_20191213_061049.jpg

Comment

• Poured my last Red IPA after work yesterday, dry finish and the combination of southern passion and cascade worked well.
      Colour not quit red, but close.

WP_20191116_003.jpg
      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Tones17 love the labels
        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
          Poured my last Red IPA after work yesterday, dry finish and the combination of southern passion and cascade worked well.
          Colour not quit red, but close.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2240[/ATTACH]

Looks Good
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tones17 View Post
            So this year I decided to give the family beer as Christmas gifts. <>
            Nice idea and the bottles looks great with those labels

Comment

• Really awesome labels! You spent some time on that design!
              It paid off!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Super cool labels, the white caps workrealy well with your label. Great idea Well done.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Bit burger

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• You could enjoy drinking sewage water with that view in the background! But that beer looks delicious

Comment

• Flipside is that my house is tiny but I pretty much bought it for the view alone [emoji482] it's soul food to park off on the deck with a beer in hand and the fire going for a braai

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                        Bit burger [ATTACH]2245[/ATTACH]
                        Nice

Comment

• Called this a Pale Kölsch (Will remake in the new year with proper Lallemand Kölsch yeast)

20191223_145753.jpg

Not crystal clear, but who cares

Basically a SMaSH beer
                          4Kg Simpsons Pale
                          300g Wheat
                          Tettnang @ 30min to ±29 IBU's
                          No-Chilled
                          T58 Yeast
                          5%

Made the exact same beer again today but added 350g Simpsons Caramalt for a darker/sweeter version.

Comment

• Nice looking beer, solid recipe sounds lekker with a touch of wheat.

I did base with Vienna and Cara malt with the Lallamand Kolsch yeast on mine, cant wait, Im cold crashing it now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                            Harhm
                            Last edited by Harhm; 23 December 2019, 20:25.
                            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Looking good! Another beer on my list.

Comment

• 20191214_154404.jpg
                                Testing a Lager that I brewed for new years. They dont get much clearer than that.
                                Attached Files
                                Harhm
                                Last edited by Harhm; 28 December 2019, 10:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X