Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one is for those of you still at work!
    Big fan of this style. American blonde ftw!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nice looking beer
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Great looking beer (Man you are killing me, no beer for me until 20:00 tonight)
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
          This one is for those of you still at work!
          Big fan of this style. American blonde ftw!

I'm gonna tell Bernard you stole one of his glasses.........and Bernard is one BIG bugger.

Comment

• He's also smart. Realized he should just sell them at their gift shop, that way I dont have to run around robbing the places I like supporting.

Comment

• After this I decided I wanted some of their beer so last night we set off in that direction, realised how far it was and pulled a short left into Brauhaus. (They dont have nicely labeled glases)[emoji24].
              Under new management BTW. The place has picked up a notch in my opinion. Beer still brewed by imke. Still tastes great. They have a summer pale ale that's great, maybe a bit hoppy for my taste but definitely to style.

Anyway cool place and they are excited for the weekend ahead

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                Under new management BTW. The place has picked up a notch in my opinion. Beer still brewed by imke.
                Wow. I thought it was just a name change. I guess theres always a reason for it.
                Cheers,
                Lang
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• IMG_20191101_164926.jpg

The pale ZA hop blend smash

Clearing slowly, but getting there. Not much of a looker, as expected, but the harshness is smoothing out and the bitterness is fading (never had that with a beer before) and it's turning into a very clean easy drinking beer.

Lacing and holding head better than expected for pale malt-only
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• IRA and my distilled gin and homemade tonic, need to push some gas though

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• That IRA looks great man. Tell as more about this gin?

Comment

• Thanks, it tastes the part . I fermented iirc 4kg sugar with a smidge of citric and some dap with kveik ( although any yeast 2will do ) then ran it through the T500 condenser, boring process to be honest. The moonshine (93%) clean alcohol was diluted with my clean water down to about 38%abv then bathed in botanicals for a week or so. I'm skipping over some stuff, but that's the general gist. I reckon the alembic pot still will punch better flavor and can be used for more crafty things. Whiskey, rum, infused botanical gin.

The real beauty is the tonic, so easy to make, super tasty! I'll look for my recipe, basically, citric acid, quinine powder, botanical syrup or fresh botanicals steeped.

Comment

• Always interesting.

Brewing tonight, look at toothless go!

Comment

• Looking good!

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                              The real beauty is the tonic, so easy to make, super tasty! I'll look for my recipe, basically, citric acid, quinine powder, botanical syrup or fresh botanicals steeped.

Now this sounds interesting! Would love a recipe to try. Where do you get the ingredients such as Quinine?
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Distillique stocks it, do be very careful, you must have an absolute fine scale to measure it, no skin contact, no inhalation. It's poisonous, not even joking

http://distillique.co.za/distilling_...9-quinine.html

And a must have

http://distillique.co.za/distilling_...01g-steps.html

This is 100% pure food grade Quinine (quinine hydrochloride) is used as bittering agent for beverages such as Indian tonic water, grape tonic water, bitters and vermouth.
                                The American Food and Drug administration limits the dosage of Quinine in tonic water to 83 ppm (or 83mg per liter water).
                                A 20g pack will therefore make at least 240 Liters of Indian tonic water if used at the maximum dosage.
                                Read more on Tonic water on this Wikipedia link.
                                Read also more on quinine on this Wikipedia link.
                                WARNING: Quinine in its concentrated form poses several health risks including severe bleeding, kidney damage, irregular heartbeat and severe allergic reactions. Avoid skin contact with the powder, don't inhale the powder or use it in concentrated forms stronger than the maximum limit of 83 ppm.
                                With skin contact rinse the affected area under running water for at least 20 minutes. If a skin reaction develops, seek medical attention. On ingestion of high concentration Quinine, seek medical attention immediately.

groenspookasem
                                Banned
                                Last edited by groenspookasem; 1 November 2019, 20:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X