Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually everywhere, garage, under stairs, bedroom cupboard, etc. Found this one in the cabinet underneath my fermentation chamber. There are a few more bottles in there. I hope some of them are more Pilseners
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• I found a bottle of mead the other day I also stashed almost 3 years ago. I was in two minds about it, then decided to just taste. Bottle was finished very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
        Oh.my.gosh. not trying to beat my own trumpet, but found a stray bottle of saaz Pilsener from 9 months ago. Dayam this is mack-nificent. That saaz taste! Mwuah

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2331[/ATTACH]

WoW, she looks beautifull

cool2.jpg
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Oh.my.gosh. not trying to beat my own trumpet, but found a stray bottle of saaz Pilsener from 9 months ago. Dayam this is mack-nificent. That saaz taste! Mwuah

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2331[/ATTACH]
          Thats a great looking beer, congrats

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
          2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• So, interesting story. I spend my life doing little comparative tests. That amazing Pilsener had 'cold' written on it, which I didn't think about too much. I then found another Pilsener that had 'hot' written on the label. I forget for certain, but I think it was a comparison of conditioning temperatures (fermenting temps versus room temp... Maybe even garage temps)

This was nowhere near as good as the 'cold' labelled one, in terms of 'saaziness', crispness and even clarity and head. I think we take for granted the potential effect of all aspects far beyond recipe, mash temps, ferment temps etc.
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

So, interesting story. I spend my life doing little comparative tests. That amazing Pilsener had 'cold' written on it, which I didn't think about too much. I then found another Pilsener that had 'hot' written on the label. I forget for certain, but I think it was a comparison of conditioning temperatures (fermenting temps versus room temp... Maybe even garage temps)

This was nowhere near as good as the 'cold' labelled one, in terms of 'saaziness', crispness and even clarity and head. I think we take for granted the potential effect of all aspects far beyond recipe, mash temps, ferment temps etc.
              I think you decided to do this test after I did the hot vs cold "lagering" test and also reported on significantly lower hop flavour in the hot beer. So this is great to hear. My palate didn't lie, whoohoo!

Comment

• This is my 175th batch of beer - Top Dog lager 2.5% abv German Leichtbier lagered for 3 weeks. As smooth as a wet mirror.

Harhm
                Last edited by Harhm; 28 April 2020, 08:00.
                2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Dude that is a healthy number of brews! And what a beer. Looks awesome

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                    This is my 175th batch of beer - Top Dog lager 2.5% abv German Leichtbier lagered for 3 weeks. As smooth as a wet mirror.
                    great looking beer

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

This is my 175th batch of beer - Top Dog lager 2.5% abv German Leichtbier lagered for 3 weeks. As smooth as a wet mirror.

Scrumptious looking beer! And well done on the numbers
                      Cheers,
                      Lang
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• So I am rather pleased with how this came out. Still young and a bit low on carbonation, but likely to increase a bit more. At FG of 1.029 it's a lot lighter and more drinkable than I expected. And the bitterness and chocolaty sweetness seem to balance out beautifully. Still have no idea of the ABV, but I could definately feel it after this plus another 5% drink, so it can't be as low as I was expecting.

IMG_20200505_183710.jpg
                        Cheers,
                        Lang
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

9:00 AM and that photo just made me so lus for a beer its ridiculous
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.
                          Who brewed his beer in a bucket.
                          He put the wort into there,
                          to cut down on the air.
                          Then drank it all up like a muppet.

Comment

So I am rather pleased with how this came out. Still young and a bit low on carbonation, but likely to increase a bit more. At FG of 1.029 it's a lot lighter and more drinkable than I expected. And the bitterness and chocolaty sweetness seem to balance out beautifully. Still have no idea of the ABV, but I could definately feel it after this plus another 5% drink, so it can't be as low as I was expecting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2343[/ATTACH]
                            Looking good there! I've overshot my usual efficiency / gravity on my stout and it's become a small glass beer :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                              Looking good there! I've overshot my usual efficiency / gravity on my stout and it's become a small glass beer :-)
                              It's a good problem to have!
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

It's a good problem to have!
                                I was bored and did a step mash, stirring it every 10 minutes and got a 90% BH on it. Good for the numbers but not good for the drinking part. I kegged a chinook cascade hazy juicy pale ale last night. No bittering hops used at all. I'll carb it up and save the stout for later in winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X