Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Thread: Beer pics

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    German Pilsner: BIAB, no-chill, cold crashed, bottled and lagered for 4 months.
    Attachment 2031
    Looking Good!
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Looks good, hows it taste ?, doing my first Pilsner in August.

Checking recipes on web, some people use a 3 - 5 % caramel pills / hell. What would you suggest ? or rather a few percent Melanoiden ?, you prevoiusly mentioned using it in a Pilsner.
    You are in luck, I actually brewed 2 German Pisners side by side because I also couldn't decide between Cara hell or Melanoiden.

I personally like the malt profile of the cara hell Pilsner a bit more, although it has a richer malt profile than just Pilsner malt its a bit smoother and softer drinking than my 5% melanoiden Pilsner.
    Last edited by Harhm; 2nd July 2019 at 13:00.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

You are in luck, I actually brewed 2 German Pisners side by side because I also couldn't decide between Cara hell or Melanoiden.

I personally like the malt profile of the cara hell Pilsner a bit more, although it has a richer malt profile than just Pilsner malt its a bit smoother and softer drinking than my 5% melanoiden Pilsner.
    Thanks, will go for the cara hell, do not have the setup to do side by side at this stage.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

I originally set out to brew a Irish Red Ale but accidentally ended with a beer in between a Irish red and a Dry Irish Stout. It tastes like a Guinness with less roast and it is also not as dry as a Dry Irish Stout. Unfortunately its not possible to get that real Guinness creaminess without Nitrogen but it still has a very good head with fine bubbles.

I added the roasted barley and Cara munich III that was already crushed to the base grains and double crushed it, increasing the flavour and colour of the beer more than I expected. I did add some oats to the grains for a bit more mouth feel from the start so I suppose it might be closer to a Oatmeal Stout but still need a bit more oats to be a Oatmeal Stout.

Its a great drinking beer and will definitely not last long.

20190706_170907.jpg
    Last edited by Harhm; 9th July 2019 at 07:50.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

^ Sounds like my kind of beer
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Don't you just love brewing, those accidents that turn into something great.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Just realized I've never attempted an Irish Red ale...something to try out, do you have to run nitrogen or would co2 do?

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Just realized I've never attempted an Irish Red ale...something to try out, do you have to run nitrogen or would co2 do?
    CO2 Is fine, about 2 volumes does the trick. I carbonate English styles with suremix it makes a difference imo

CO2 Is fine, about 2 volumes does the trick. I carbonate English styles with suremix it makes a difference imo
    Where do you get your suremix from? Afrox?

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Where do you get your suremix from? Afrox?
    Sorry for the delay I went hunting. Yes from Afrox, try and get Suremix 60 (60% CO2 40% Nitrogen)
    Last edited by Harhm; 10th July 2019 at 19:28.