Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red ale from my party keg. Not bad. But it cleared up better in the bottle. Very tasty

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• looks F000000000000000king nice
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• My almost "failed" double chocolate stout. After I found out the base malt wasn't milled on this batch I didn't give it much love, to be honest. I pitched yeast and left it for 2 weeks or so, and then bottled. Bottling day was also "delayed". I dissolved my priming sugar, poured it into the fermenter and then found out I wasn't really in the mood to bottle, and we had things to do around the house and whatnot so I just stuck the fermenter back in the fermentation chamber and set the temperature down to 5°C. I then forgot to add more sugar, and when bottling day came I just bottled as is. So it's a bit on the flat side (not completely, but it is definitely undercarbonated), but it's actually a nice beer now.

As a PS, these glasses I ordered definitely isn't 550ml. I poured an entire 660ml bottle of beer in there and there's still space...

Oh, and I also need to learn how to take better beer pics.

Comment

• Dude why you drinking at 7am? Lol! Beer looks awesome though!

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
            Dude why you drinking at 7am? Lol! Beer looks awesome though!

Haha I snapped the pic yesterday afternoon. I generally don't drink in the mornings. For the most part. Or too often

Comment

• Looks good ! Pretty sure your bottling sugar fermented out and bumped your abv

Comment

• Yep. With the added sugar I just broke 3% ABV, so it's still pretty drinkable.

Comment

• Kolsch with a little bit of cara ruby - Lallamand dry yeast

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                  Harhm
                  Last edited by Harhm; 22 May 2020, 20:09.
                  2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Nice One ... i like

Comment

• Grisette that I bottled a month ago, 1.039 OG went down to 1.001 dryhopped it with EKG, easy drinking nice and dry

2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• WoW, That looks so yummy

/off to pour a beer

Comment

• Harhm. You know how to make a guy thirsty. Also well done on the consistently crystal clear beer. What's your process for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                            Harhm. You know how to make a guy thirsty. Also well done on the consistently crystal clear beer. What's your process for this?

Thanks. I BIAB, whirlflock in the boil, no-chill and cold crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                              Thanks. I BIAB, whirlflock in the boil, no-chill and cold crash.

Have you found a link between clearer wort and clearer end-product beer, or is it just something "on the internet"? I see some people still swear by it, but I've also seen a Brulosophy test where the guy brewed with a clean wort as well as a very cloudy wort and they both produced a clear beer.

I'm asking because I've found that when I do no-chill and I add Irish moss (I have some on hand) to the last 15 minutes of the boil, the wort I end up with in the cube the next day (after it's cooled down) is pretty clear and the sediment at the bottom is a bit more compact then when I don't use Irish moss (so the Irish moss works for that, at least). I don't know if it'll be worth it to try and keep that sediment out of the fermenter though, but would like to know if it could be, if that makes sense?

Comment

• I have some Brewbrite, Irish Moss and Whirlfloc used it maybe twice, I try to avoid adding crap into my boil. I clear it in cold crash.

Comment

Working...
                                X