Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: Beer pics

Distillique stocks it, do be very careful, you must have an absolute fine scale to measure it, no skin contact, no inhalation. It's poisonous, not even joking

http://distillique.co.za/distilling_...9-quinine.html

And a must have

http://distillique.co.za/distilling_...01g-steps.html

This is 100% pure food grade Quinine (quinine hydrochloride) is used as bittering agent for beverages such as Indian tonic water, grape tonic water, bitters and vermouth.
    The American Food and Drug administration limits the dosage of Quinine in tonic water to 83 ppm (or 83mg per liter water).
    A 20g pack will therefore make at least 240 Liters of Indian tonic water if used at the maximum dosage.
    Read more on Tonic water on this Wikipedia link.
    Read also more on quinine on this Wikipedia link.
    WARNING: Quinine in its concentrated form poses several health risks including severe bleeding, kidney damage, irregular heartbeat and severe allergic reactions. Avoid skin contact with the powder, don't inhale the powder or use it in concentrated forms stronger than the maximum limit of 83 ppm.
    With skin contact rinse the affected area under running water for at least 20 minutes. If a skin reaction develops, seek medical attention. On ingestion of high concentration Quinine, seek medical attention immediately.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by groenspookasem; 1st November 2019 at 20:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    Attachment 2201

The pale ZA hop blend smash

Clearing slowly, but getting there. Not much of a looker, as expected, but the harshness is smoothing out and the bitterness is fading (never had that with a beer before) and it's turning into a very clean easy drinking beer.

Lacing and holding head better than expected for pale malt-only
    Great looking beer.
    Lacing looks good, might even still improve. I like a head that subsides into thin cover like that. Appropriate for the style.

Al beers change a lot from bottling to 3 or 4 weeks after full carbonation. Lots of chemical and biological processes still happening. Good reason to test 1 every week ;-)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Harhm; 2nd November 2019 at 07:14.
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

The last of my Oktoberfest - Very easy recipe with a complex rich malt flavour: Equal amounts of Pilsner and Munich with 6% Melanoiden malt. Hallertauer 40g @ 60min and 15g @ 20min (1.055 and 25 IBU)
    Last edited by Harhm; 11th November 2019 at 11:45.
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

That is one good looking beer, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    The last of my Oktoberfest - Very easy recipe with a complex rich malt flavour: Equal amounts of Pilsner and Munich with 6% Melanoiden malt. Hallertauer 40g @ 60min and 15g @ 20min (1.055 and 25 IBU)
    Nice Beer

That grain & hop bill could even work for a Belgian Blonde if you up it to 7% abv and some T-58 yeast ......

Im saying this because I was researching that this morning as I have T58 in the fermenter at the moment for a "re-pitch" and I came up with a pilsner/pale mix ... with 500g munich and about 250g melano

Didn't put pencil to paper yet
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Nice Beer

That grain & hop bill could even work for a Belgian Blonde if you up it to 7% abv and some T-58 yeast ......

Im saying this because I was researching that this morning as I have T58 in the fermenter at the moment for a "re-pitch" and I came up with a pilsner/pale mix ... with 500g munich and about 250g melano

Didn't put pencil to paper yet
    Interesting, if I knew this I would have split the wort and pitch T58 in half the batch and 34/70 in the other half and brew 2 very different beers from the same wort.

You can always add 10% sugar or dark candy syrup to the fermentation side to dry it out and raise the abv. Except for Belgian yeast and raising the fermentation temp what did I miss to make it more Belgian? Enzymes for high attenuation? It might be closer to a Belgian Dubbel?

I have only brewed Belgian dark strong ales and only used WLP530 but would gladly try a dry yeast. Not a lot of guys on the forum are brewing Belgian style beers.
    Last edited by Harhm; Yesterday at 11:40.

I have never used liquid yeast only dry yeast.
    Liquid yeast expensive, could farm / wash the yeast but time is usually the issue, plus you need to do a starter. Dry yeast just sprinkle onto wort. Mmm maybe I am just being lazy.
    That having been said I would still love to try liquid yeast when time allows, hopefully soon.

Brewed.
    Belgian Wit (M21 - Belgian Wit yeast)
    Belgian Dark strong and Belgian Golden strong (M41 - Belgian ale yeast)
    2 x Belgian Abbey (M47 - Belgian Abbey yeast)

In December planning
    Belgian Saison (Fermentes Be-134)
    Belgian IPA (M31 - Belgian Tripel yeast)
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

HeHe, sounds like BeerHolic is the man to get the Belgian info from. I just Googled 'what to brew with t-58 yeast' and one of the hits was a Belgian Blonde and yes the recipe did call for some sugar ... I will probably go with honey if I brew this.

Info on the yeast:
    Safbrew T-58

T-58 is spicy and estery, which make it ideal for continental beer styles. The profile can tend to be somewhat peppery and spicy in flavor. The yeast forms a good sediment, but tends to be powdery which can result in a hazy beer when agitated. The suspended yeast can make for a good bottle conditioning yeast since you will ensured that a decent amount of yeast makes its way into the bottle. When the yeast does settle out, it does not clump together in clusters. Apparent attenuation is about 70%. The acceptable fermentation temperature range is 54-77 F (12-25 C) and the optimal temperature is 59-68 F (15-20 C). Some good choices to brew with this would be Belgian Blonde Ale, Belgian Tripels, Belgian Golden Strong, Belgian Dark Strong, Belgian IPA, Belgian Dubble, Belgian Witbier.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!