Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Results 821 to 827 of 827

Thread: Beer pics

  1. #821
    Senior Member robcass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Henley-on-Klip
    Posts
    141

    Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    Sorry for the delay I went hunting. Yes from Afrox, try and get Suremix 60 (60% CO2 40% Nitrogen)
    Do they allow you to open an account for bottle rental as an individual, or did you do it through a company?

    I've been renting a bottle through my company for a while now, but won't be able to for much longer.

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by robcass View Post
    Do they allow you to open an account for bottle rental as an individual, or did you do it through a company?I've been renting a bottle through my company for a while now, but won't be able to for much longer.
    I cant remember to be honest, its unlikely that I would use work details for beer stuff

    20190709_074421.jpg

    10% Belgian Dark Strong
    Last edited by Harhm; 11th July 2019 at 15:55.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

  3. #823
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,384
    ^ Nice
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  4. #824
    Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    I cant remember to be honest, its unlikely that I would use work details for beer stuff

    20190709_074421.jpg

    10% Belgian Dark Strong
    Now that is beautiful. Age and tasting notes?

  5. #825
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Brew View Post
    Now that is beautiful. Age and tasting notes?
    Thanks guys.
    Kegged it 1 July, medium sweet start with rich Caramel malt and a medium dry finish. Low fruity esters mostly raison, medium to high spicy phenols pepper, no real noticeable clove (I dont like clove so Im happy with this) WLP 530 @ 18 Moderate to high but still pleasant alcohol warmth considering the high abv. Im planning to bottle and wax seal a few for long term storage.
    Last edited by Harhm; 15th July 2019 at 11:29.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

  6. #826
    I would definitely try to forget some in the cupboard. That beer will probably still improve for a year. My last dark strong was at its best at about 18months. It was 9% abv.

  7. #827

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Brew View Post
    I would definitely try to forget some in the cupboard. That beer will probably still improve for a year. My last dark strong was at its best at about 18months. It was 9% abv.
    Thanks for the tip - I brewed it for a provincial competition that would take place when the beer is about 3 moths old, depending I will keep some for next years SA National Homebrew Competition.
    Last edited by Harhm; 16th July 2019 at 07:56.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •