Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283

Thread: Beer pics

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    Sorry for the delay I went hunting. Yes from Afrox, try and get Suremix 60 (60% CO2 40% Nitrogen)
    Do they allow you to open an account for bottle rental as an individual, or did you do it through a company?

I've been renting a bottle through my company for a while now, but won't be able to for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by robcass View Post
    Do they allow you to open an account for bottle rental as an individual, or did you do it through a company?I've been renting a bottle through my company for a while now, but won't be able to for much longer.
    I cant remember to be honest, its unlikely that I would use work details for beer stuff

20190709_074421.jpg

10% Belgian Dark Strong
    Last edited by Harhm; 11th July 2019 at 15:55.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

^ Nice
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    I cant remember to be honest, its unlikely that I would use work details for beer stuff

20190709_074421.jpg

10% Belgian Dark Strong
    Now that is beautiful. Age and tasting notes?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Brew View Post
    Now that is beautiful. Age and tasting notes?
    Thanks guys.
    Kegged it 1 July, medium sweet start with rich Caramel malt and a medium dry finish. Low fruity esters mostly raison, medium to high spicy phenols pepper, no real noticeable clove (I dont like clove so Im happy with this) WLP 530 @ 18 Moderate to high but still pleasant alcohol warmth considering the high abv. Im planning to bottle and wax seal a few for long term storage.
    Last edited by Harhm; 15th July 2019 at 11:29.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

I would definitely try to forget some in the cupboard. That beer will probably still improve for a year. My last dark strong was at its best at about 18months. It was 9% abv.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Brew View Post
    I would definitely try to forget some in the cupboard. That beer will probably still improve for a year. My last dark strong was at its best at about 18months. It was 9% abv.
    Thanks for the tip - I brewed it for a provincial competition that would take place when the beer is about 3 moths old, depending I will keep some for next years SA National Homebrew Competition.
    Last edited by Harhm; 16th July 2019 at 07:56.