Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 99% sure it'll work just fine. I'm just worried about the caffeine and the sodium in there. We shouldn't do more than 2,300mg of sodium per day (generally), so 3 or 4 of those beers is pushing that. And then, mixing caffeine and alcohol is maybe not the smartest idea. I know it's everywhere, but you know what I mean. Just be careful with people with heart conditions. Don't want this beer to turn into a Killer hop or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
      I'm 99% sure it'll work just fine. I'm just worried about the caffeine and the sodium in there. We shouldn't do more than 2,300mg of sodium per day (generally), so 3 or 4 of those beers is pushing that. And then, mixing caffeine and alcohol is maybe not the smartest idea. I know it's everywhere, but you know what I mean. Just be careful with people with heart conditions. Don't want this beer to turn into a Killer hop or something.
      Yeah the caffeine is unintended, the Tailwind I had left over for this had caffeine in it, but for full batch I wouldn't use a caffeinated powder.

As for the sodium, yes if you're going to knock back a few of these on a normal day you'll need to limit your intake, but so long as your blood pressure is ok, it shouldn't be a problem.

On a sweaty day you could knock back a few more to make up for the loss of sodium through perspiration.

That being said, 3-4 pints after a race sounds just about right.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by paul.stevens View Post
        <>

That being said, 3-4 pints after a race sounds just about right.

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

It's actually quite good, only made a small 10l batch, but will make more.

There's a slightly salty aftertaste similar to what you'd get drinking a Powerade and a slightly mineral taste.

But other than that, it's just a nice sessionable beer. It's going to go down great after a run.

Great stuff Paul, with the salty aftertaste you should consider doing the same thing with a Gose
          2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• That's a great idea

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
              groenspookasem
              Banned
              Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:52.

Comment

That's a great idea

My latest Gose - nice crisp citrus flavours from the lemon zest and crushed coriander seeds. Restrained acidity and and only a hint of salt is the key to a very refreshing beer. Works every time...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                Harhm
                Last edited by Harhm; 9 November 2020, 13:56.
                2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                  My latest Gose - nice crisp citrus flavours from the lemon zest and crushed coriander seeds. Restrained acidity and and only a hint of salt is the key to a very refreshing beer. Works every time...

Looks Good
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Would love that recipe. Have time for 2 more brews before holidays this year, one of which has not been decided on yet, and have always wanted to try including coriander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice one, I just did a Tropic&Passion Pale Ale, its a great combo.

Great tasting beer. Juicy

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

A little experiment, made a juicy NEIPA that has more electrolytes than a bottle of Powerade, and also only about 3.5% ABV .

A legit "recovery" beer for after long weekend runs or races.

That looks great. I must do a low ABV beer for when the student daughter gets home

Comment

A little experiment, made a juicy NEIPA that has more electrolytes than a bottle of Powerade, and also only about 3.5% ABV .

A legit "recovery" beer for after long weekend runs or races.

That looks great. I must do a low ABV beer for when the student daughter gets home.

Comment

That looks great. I must try a Gose sometime

Comment

• A while back I brewed a MG KH and was good. Since I talked about - how to add a smooth fluffy mouthfeel - adding oats was suggested, so did the same recipe with added oats.. this is it.

20201117_173956.jpg

Brewed 15/10 bottled 27/10
                              AlexBrew
                              Last edited by AlexBrew; 17 November 2020, 19:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                                A while back I brewed a MG KH and was good. Since I talked about - how to add a smooth fluffy mouthfeel - adding oats was suggested, so did the same recipe with added oats.. this is it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2788[/ATTACH]

Brewed 15/10 bottled 27/10
                                Nailed it!.
                                Cheers,
                                Lang
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Working...
                                X