Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ill treated Mosaic smash,not too shabby!

Comment

• Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
      Still brewing away up here.... this is a 'clone' of a Kona big wave. Super light but very tasty, impossible to have just one.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]2984[/ATTACH]
      Looks lekker!

Comment

• Looking good guys! Will get a pic of my latest blonde tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
          The ill treated Mosaic smash,not too shabby!
          If the coals are too hot, don't throw your beer on it !!
          SAB makes beers especially for that. Pitty they closed now .. but don't throw your beer..

Comment

• Talking about beer on fire. I was really surprised when i smelled it. a friend was grilling some steak and when the flames shot up poured his beer on it! (Castle ) it smelled so awesome and the steak was great!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• First pour from my first kegged beer! Beyond chuffed with the kegging so far!

American pale ale, chinook for bittering with Galaxy at 10mins, flame out and dry hop! She's tasty, but not quite what I was after. Upped the chinook bittering addition vs the previous batch, but took it a bit too far I reckon. I also misjudged fermentation progress and dry hopped a bit too early. I though the airlock bubbling was starting to slow down, but then it kept going strong for another day... So lost some flavour there. The passion fruit aroma is still coming through, but gets overpowered by the chinook bitterness.

Lessons learned, but still very enjoyable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
                First pour from my first kegged beer! Beyond chuffed with the kegging so far!

American pale ale, chinook for bittering with Galaxy at 10mins, flame out and dry hop! She's tasty, but not quite what I was after. Upped the chinook bittering addition vs the previous batch, but took it a bit too far I reckon. I also misjudged fermentation progress and dry hopped a bit too early. I though the airlock bubbling was starting to slow down, but then it kept going strong for another day... So lost some flavour there. The passion fruit aroma is still coming through, but gets overpowered by the chinook bitterness.

Lessons learned, but still very enjoyable!

Nice one and congrats on your first kegging!

Comment

• She looks good ... give her time ... that bitterness might be gone by next week this time
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Nope, not drinking at 9 am, this is from yesterday afternoon, simple Pilsner from the keg, perfectly crisp beer, come on hot weather!
                    IMG_20210127_183221[1].jpg

Comment

• ^ Nice looking Beer
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• agreed, maak my sommer dors!

Comment

• Damn, you guys make pretty beer.. made me sommer lus to brew tomorrow.

Comment

• 20210128_194434.jpg
                            My Belgian Saison:
                            2.8 vols Co2:
                            20210128_193839.jpg
                            OG: 1.060 FG: 1.004
                            Mmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                              Damn, you guys make pretty beer.. made me sommer lus to brew tomorrow.
                              Kuiered.. tripped and brewed a blonde.. my SO is not happy.

We will see how that turns out

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3019[/ATTACH]
                              My Belgian Saison:
                              2.8 vols Co2:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3020[/ATTACH]
                              OG: 1.060 FG: 1.004
                              Mmmmm
                              Ooh pretty looking lekker!! What yeast did you use??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                                What yeast did you use??
                                Safale BE-134
                                I previously mentioned thinking I have a bubblegum off-flavour - that was with a 2 day old bottle. Last night had one that has been 8 days in the bottle (still early days) and 'that' flavour is almost gone - just slightly there. So it must have been the yeast that was active for the secondary ferment of the priming sugar .. but still has a slight bananna flavour like in a Weiss. Think that is normal for the Belgian yeast styles.

Comment

Working...
                                X