Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's brewing the weekend? I want to brew, not sure what though....

Comment

• My plan was to do an Opal Saison tomorrow, but with all the floods & rain today never got around to get ingredients.

Beerlab only opens @ 10:00 and by then I want to enjoy a breakfast beer while watching the semi-final game.

Will fit it in during the week

EDIT: Any Thoughts on the recipe?

Screenshot_17.jpg
      JIGSAW
      Last edited by JIGSAW; 25 October 2019, 17:35.
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• I haven't done apa in a while, just going to do my "house" version. Always goes down well.

I've never done a saison, not too big of the sour notes, is that a saison strain? I have some saison yeast to try out, but also need guidance on the style

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
        groenspookasem
        Banned
        Last edited by groenspookasem; 25 October 2019, 18:44.

Comment

• Just drinking this weekend. But I'm brewing this blonde again next week. Its awesome. Best blonde I've had. We have a family camp this weekend. The 5l keg has already tanked, only a few bottles left here. Didn't bring everything but that was a mistake.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ouch, you're going to be disappointed like the exec's at Sab losing R200bn in minutes when you cross over to the sadsab side once you kick your stash

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
              I haven't done apa in a while, just going to do my "house" version. Always goes down well. I've never done a saison, not too big of the sour notes, is that a saison strain? I have some saison yeast to try out, but also need guidance on the style Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
              Google Saison ... Nothing SOUR about it at all. The Fermentis T58 can be used for Saison also yes due to the pepper and spice flavours ... some say you could even get clove from this yeast at lower temps.

Comment

• Yeah, I haven't looked into them at all probably confusing it with a gose which I don't like one bit

Comment

• Gose is actually also salty.........
                  Named after the river........which actually isn't salty.

Don't like them either.

Also brewing tomorrow, something light like a weiss or our German Blonde.

Comment

• Will be attempting my first Saison soon.

Some of the yeasts I am considering using.

Belgian Tripel Yeast M31
                    Provides a fantastic complex marriage of spice, fruity esters, phenolics and alcohol. It is also very attenuative with a high alcohol tolerance making it perfect for a range of Belgian styles. Suitable for Belgian Tripel and Trappist style beers. Attenuation: Very High. Flocculation:
                    Attenuation 82% - 88%

French Saison Yeast M29
                    Exceptional and highly attenuative top-fermenting ale yeast, creating distinctive beers with spicy, fruity and peppery notes. Ideal for fermentation of farmhouse style beer.
                    Attenuation 85% - 90%

Safale BE-134
                    High attenuation. This typical yeast strain is recommended for Belgian Saison-style beers. It gives fruity aromas with a slight spicy character (POF+) such as clove notes. This strain will bring highly refreshing and drinkable beers.
                    Attenuation approx 90%

Most likely go with M31 or BE-134 as I already have them. Likely try the M29 at a later stage.
                    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• My Vienna lager seems to be done. I slowly raised the temps from 12°C to 15°C to give it a bit of a diacetyl rest for a few days. I'll probably cold crash it closer to the weekend, and then I will need to go buy another container to rack into prior to bottling. The other one I have is full of mead, heh. Forgot about that. Then I want to lager it for a few weeks at around 2~3 degrees to see what comes of it, before I bottle.

Comment

• I think our lager is stuffed. This heat has the coldroom struggling and with a power outage, it spiked to almost 20 degrees for quite while. Oh well, it'll be a Cali Common........

Comment

• Steam beer for the win, how long did you spike for? I kinda like cali commons

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                            Steam beer for the win, how long did you spike for? I kinda like cali commons
                            As long as the heat wave continues...........

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                              I think our lager is stuffed.
                              Not necessarily, depends on the yeast, timing and SG when the temperature increased. What yeast did you use? 34/70 is very forgiving ito temperature
                              2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                                I think our lager is stuffed. This heat has the coldroom struggling and with a power outage, it spiked to almost 20 degrees for quite while. Oh well, it'll be a Cali Common........
                                Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                                As long as the heat wave continues...........
                                Is this the Festbier you're referring to? ... Isn't it at end of fermentation ... should be fine then?

Comment

Working...
                                X