Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question What are you brewing?

as i type this, i am consuming my very last bottle of homebrew. it's not a position i usually find myself in nor is it a position i like to be in. i just haven't brewed much in the last month or two.

obviously it's time for me to start thinking about building up some stock again. i'm probably going to make some sort of hop-heavy ale in the form of a CDA or IPA. i make a killer milk stout which i'm hoping to brew up soon too.

what about you. what you got planned?

I've currently got a slight variation on a traditional bock which I bottled last week which I am really looking forward to drinking. It was my first all grain so fingers crossed

In fermenters, I've got a red almost-Imperial IPA. I was going for 100 IBU, but I added to much sparge water and only ended up with 70ish.

I've also got a 'stone soup' ale (brewed for left over ingredients).

Up and coming, I'm going to take another crack at the Red IIPA as well as work on my brown ale(trying to get something close to the Rogue brown).

Honey lager in the FV . Doing A Vienna Lager tomorrow , and also a belgium Ale .

so? hows the brewing going, chaps? i haven't been able to brew because of the weather. my fermenting fridge died for the second time in two months so i need to get my 'brewing fix' through you all.

Quote Originally Posted by that guy al View Post
    so? hows the brewing going, chaps? i haven't been able to brew because of the weather. my fermenting fridge died for the second time in two months so i need to get my 'brewing fix' through you all.
    Brewing this on Saturday.

But first, getting one of these on Thursday to be my big fermenter. Hopefully it fits in my fridge. If it does it'll be nice to brew a big 40l IPA (300g of hops ), otherwise it'll be a regulation 24l batch.

Quote Originally Posted by MongooseMan View Post
    Brewing this on Saturday.

But first, getting one of these on Thursday to be my big fermenter. Hopefully it fits in my fridge. If it does it'll be nice to brew a big 40l IPA (300g of hops ), otherwise it'll be a regulation 24l batch.
    nice one! i'm super jealous. i tried brewing that same recipe once upon a time but i got so sidetracked with ingredients it ended up being something completely different.

post some pics if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by that guy al View Post
    nice one! i'm super jealous. i tried brewing that same recipe once upon a time but i got so sidetracked with ingredients it ended up being something completely different.

post some pics if you can.
    No pics of the beers yet, brewing tomorrow, but I did get the new fermenter, and built a stand for it (didn't trust plywood with 45kg of beer on top of it):

No brewing for me - building something that will hold my mill... unless the urge to brew my English Mild will exceed my urge to wield some tools
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Kit: 46l Automated Electric BIAB & 1gallon stovetop BIAB

Primary: ESB
    Secondary: -
    Conditioning: Abbey, Rhum Infused Stout, Baltic Porter
    Bottled and Drunk: Far too many

Senior Member StevenD (Slainthe)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I bottled my Brown Ale yesterday afternoon. 28 bottles in total!!

Now I just have to wait a couple more weeks.................

Also, this morning I am trying my hand at roasting a half kilo of grain that I am going to use in a stout. Hopefully by the end of today I will have a half kilo of Caramel Malt, expected to be around 60deg L.
    Slainthe!!

Bottled: Po's Porter
    Fermenting: Blonde ale, Buchu Blonde, French Oak L'ale, Belgian Saison
    Next Brew: Not sure
    Previous Brews: Welcome Home Bru SMASH (Amarillo dry-hopped), "Snow White's Revenge" Cider, American Amber Ale, Pale Ale, Irish Stout, Saison, Red Lager, IPA, Cherry IPA, Biscuit Ale, Cider, Extract IPA, Extract English Bitter, Extract Heritage Lager, Po's Porter, Hoppy Pilsner, Ginga Beeah.