Page 181 of 182 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1813

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Stripping run on the whiskey mash today, stripped the clean spirit for gin yesterday. Next weekend will be spirit runs for both.
    Attachment 2255

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Whiskeys in the jar, let the aging begin. Managed to finish before eskom shat itself. Washed the still last night and realized I had the neck on too tight, that's where I lost half my batch last time around. Rookie mistake. Still got a bottle and a half at 40% on some french oak. Looking forward to try it in around 6 months from now. On another note, I'm kegging my Skare pseudo Pilsner tonight.

Thickest krausen I've seen so far, heaps of yeast crop from the top which was replenished in around an hour
    Did you do a yeast cell count before cropping and again after a hour?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    I value your experience more than your opinion - You could but you shouldn't - You should but I wouldn't - Time is on your side, never rush a beer - Have fun, its only beer - Don't believe all the crap you read on the www

Yeah, counted them by hand. More friends arrived

Thickest krausen I've seen so far, heaps of yeast crop from the top which was replenished in around an hour. Amazing stuff. Can't wait to keg this. Anyone here have a recommendation on a temp controlled food dehydrator starting from 30C or lower? Might just flange one together with a hangabout stc a few fans and a heatsource. Keen to propogate all my gen (1) to me kveiks and dry them out for ease of storage.
    I think you just described a Biltong maker. Yay, ftw, new hobby
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com

I have a biltong maker somewhere, in pieces ,can't remember if it had trays. That cheap commercial one...mellerware, salton? Could work now that you mention it

Yeah, counted them by hand. More friends arrived

Sorry I asked what I thought was a ligitamite questions ito the actual/potential yeast growth rate of Kveik.

If this is the type of answers I can expect from you Ill again rather ask somebody else next time.Thanks anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    I value your experience more than your opinion - You could but you shouldn't - You should but I wouldn't - Time is on your side, never rush a beer - Have fun, its only beer - Don't believe all the crap you read on the www

Have you counted yeast Harhm? How did you do it without lab gear? I'm not sure where you were heading, but I'll flip the question back to you and would appreciate a legitimate response. As a homebrewer, how do you count your yeast?

Will brew a plain blonde Monday, and might try another gruit this weekend if nothing goes wrong.
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Gruit you say, what are you planning? I've never done one, so keen to hear more.

I'm doing a bourbon mash this weekend, reiterated and planning on on 1.114 or thereabouts. 11kgs total which consists of corn, 2 row, wheat and a touch of rye.

Hoping to squeeze out a pale ale with some galaxy and summit or something something thereafter.

the one I'm brewing is from a brewing book I read a while ago, can't remember if it was Radical Brewing or Sacred and Herbal healing beers, but it uses lavender, chamomile and lemonbalm instead of hops with a standard pale ale grain bill (though I have found adding a gram of hops just makes it a bit better).
    It tastes a bit different, but not unpleasant. kinda like George Washington's small beer, it is beer, but not beer at the same time.
    Gruit you say, what are you planning? I've never done one, so keen to hear more.

I'm doing a bourbon mash this weekend, reiterated and planning on on 1.114 or thereabouts. 11kgs total which consists of corn, 2 row, wheat and a touch of rye.

Hoping to squeeze out a pale ale with some galaxy and summit or something something thereafter.

Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you