Page 143 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1617

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    How many brews do you do in an average month?
    I do about three brews a month to keep the kegs filled. However, I do give away heaps, nothing like free beer eh? I enjoy the recipe building, tweaking, etc way more than the actual drinking and tire of a specific beer fairly quickly. I've planned my next few brews already. Dry hopped "pilsner" (perhaps an IPL) then either a neipa or double hearted/fargo woodchipper ipa.

How many brews do you do in a month?

Just asked cos you seem to be the most active brewer on this thread! I had a peak a couple of months ago, about 3 in a month, but usually do a brew every 6 to 8 weeks only
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com

No harm, no foul. I like the hobby quite a lot, so many things to try. Different styles,malts,hops,yeasts,water profiles,methods, etc. It keeps me entertained. I don't try to save money with my homebrews, although the "tax" benefits are amazing :-) The small volumes I do keeps things interesting and the feedback from friends and neighbors strokes the ego. Personally I try to reach some form of zen in my hobbies, attempting perfection and all that.

Keep in mind my brew days from start to finish, including clean and everything packed away is around 4 hours max, which leaves me with enough time to do other stuff with the family. I cook breakfast whilst the mash is going, so the mornings are unencumbered with brewing. My wife says that I can't sit still and am usually tinkering or ticking off chores.

I used to drink wine and being in close proximity of many wine farms, we did a whack tonne of visits etc. Now I find wine very subtle with either a single or a few small facets in the taste department. Not that I don't enjoy it anymore but there's just too rich of a taste in a good beer to not get bored with trying lots of different ones.

Admittedly I've started to pick at flaws on "craft" beer when we go out, so just like coffee I'm not allowed to have it anymore :-)

That's enough perissology for any pleonast!

Sound like you have it all together. Don't ever do the beer ('off') flavours courses, it will ruin most beers for you!
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com

who's brewing this weekend? i have a fargo woodchipper ipa on the go for tomorrow 5kg marris otter, 0.5kg cara aroma, 0,1kg acidulated. bittering with galena. centennial, cascade, chinook for aroma. dry hop with those 3 c's and some simcoe for charm. using kveik voss again. calling this a session ipa with a lower than normal abv a decent bu:gu and lowish ibu at around 40. easy peasy.

Having a go at a Flanders Red - Weyerman Vienna as the base, CaraBelge, CaraRed, Melanoidin and a touch of dark crystal
    SO4 for primary, Lacto Brevis and Brett Clausenii for secondary
    Ready for when my first barrell arrives next wednesday

Not sure how I'm going to wait a year...

Joining the dark side of barrel aging Camsaway? Intrigued, what size and type of barrel did you go for? I'm sure you checked out how to "ready" the barrel. French oak, new, used? I've toyed with the idea myself, but like you said .... a year is a pretty darn long time to wait. Also, good show not going for going the stout route.

Pretty darn cool though !! I'd love to see/hear your experiences...

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    who's brewing this weekend? i have a fargo woodchipper ipa on the go for tomorrow 5kg marris otter, 0.5kg cara aroma, 0,1kg acidulated. bittering with galena. centennial, cascade, chinook for aroma. dry hop with those 3 c's and some simcoe for charm. using kveik voss again. calling this a session ipa with a lower than normal abv a decent bu:gu and lowish ibu at around 40. easy peasy.
    Sounds like an epic, mouthwatering beer. I always wonder whether to call a beer a Session IPA or a Pale Ale... In comp, I'd rather enter it as a Pale Ale.

No brewing this weekend for me, just pitching some yeast in a Belgian. Should be brewing again next weekend but haven't yet decide on what to brew.

Quote Originally Posted by camsaway View Post
    Having a go at a Flanders Red - Weyerman Vienna as the base, CaraBelge, CaraRed, Melanoidin and a touch of dark crystal
    SO4 for primary, Lacto Brevis and Brett Clausenii for secondary
    Ready for when my first barrell arrives next wednesday

Not sure how I'm going to wait a year...
    Awesome. Where did you manage to get a hold of the Lacto and Brett? Is it a mixed culture already or did you purchase two pure strains? A year is a long time but it's even worse waiting a year and still not have brewed it... Let us know how it goes! I'm also warming up to the idea of doing a sour beer however I might start with a kettle sour and ferment with either a belgian or saison strain. Thinking of something like an Amber Belgian Sour Ale that's only about 6% abv so I can turn it around a bit faster than a year.

Recently listened to a podcast episode of Beer and Brewing Magazine with Mr R Chequire from Rodenbach. It was quite eye opening to hear his thoughts and approach on the use of wood in brewing.
    https://beerandbrewing.com/podcast-e...rudi-ghequire/

I quite like this Blog and would recommend it to all.

This is busy mashing at the moment ...

Screenshot_4.jpg

...and yip, Only boiling the Pilsner malt for 30min also

Got the idea for the recipe off of the latest BasicBrewing episode ...

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!