Page 1 of 154 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1535
  1. #1

    Question What are you brewing?


    as i type this, i am consuming my very last bottle of homebrew. it's not a position i usually find myself in nor is it a position i like to be in. i just haven't brewed much in the last month or two.

    obviously it's time for me to start thinking about building up some stock again. i'm probably going to make some sort of hop-heavy ale in the form of a CDA or IPA. i make a killer milk stout which i'm hoping to brew up soon too.

    what about you. what you got planned?

  2. #2
    Member Matt54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pretoria, South Africa, South Africa
    Posts
    93
    I've currently got a slight variation on a traditional bock which I bottled last week which I am really looking forward to drinking. It was my first all grain so fingers crossed

  3. #3
    Senior Member kingcur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    373
    In fermenters, I've got a red almost-Imperial IPA. I was going for 100 IBU, but I added to much sparge water and only ended up with 70ish.

    I've also got a 'stone soup' ale (brewed for left over ingredients).

    Up and coming, I'm going to take another crack at the Red IIPA as well as work on my brown ale(trying to get something close to the Rogue brown).

  4. #4
    Honey lager in the FV . Doing A Vienna Lager tomorrow , and also a belgium Ale .

  5. #5
    so? hows the brewing going, chaps? i haven't been able to brew because of the weather. my fermenting fridge died for the second time in two months so i need to get my 'brewing fix' through you all.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy al View Post
    so? hows the brewing going, chaps? i haven't been able to brew because of the weather. my fermenting fridge died for the second time in two months so i need to get my 'brewing fix' through you all.
    Brewing this on Saturday.

    But first, getting one of these on Thursday to be my big fermenter. Hopefully it fits in my fridge. If it does it'll be nice to brew a big 40l IPA (300g of hops ), otherwise it'll be a regulation 24l batch.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MongooseMan View Post
    Brewing this on Saturday.

    But first, getting one of these on Thursday to be my big fermenter. Hopefully it fits in my fridge. If it does it'll be nice to brew a big 40l IPA (300g of hops ), otherwise it'll be a regulation 24l batch.
    nice one! i'm super jealous. i tried brewing that same recipe once upon a time but i got so sidetracked with ingredients it ended up being something completely different.

    post some pics if you can.

  8. #8
    Administrator SimonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Table View, Cape Town
    Posts
    1,293
    I'm brewing an English Mild on Sunday hopefully. My Christening Ale turned out really good as a first batch on my new rig, but it's not a session beer
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

    Kit: 46l Automated Electric BIAB & 1gallon stovetop BIAB

    Primary: ESB
    Secondary: -
    Conditioning: Abbey, Rhum Infused Stout, Baltic Porter
    Bottled and Drunk: Far too many

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    I'm brewing an English Mild...
    i'm curious. why an english mild? what is your motivation behind that choice? in fact, what is anyone's reason for brewing a particular style? i usually brew things i've tasted and enjoyed. i've never sat down and thought "hmmm, i think i'll brew a wee heavy next" because, well, i've never had a wee heavy and don't know if it's something i'd like to 'waste' (for lack of a better word) my time on.

  10. #10
    Administrator SimonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Table View, Cape Town
    Posts
    1,293

    Quote Originally Posted by that guy al View Post
    i'm curious. why an english mild? what is your motivation behind that choice? in fact, what is anyone's reason for brewing a particular style? i usually brew things i've tasted and enjoyed. i've never sat down and thought "hmmm, i think i'll brew a wee heavy next" because, well, i've never had a wee heavy and don't know if it's something i'd like to 'waste' (for lack of a better word) my time on.
    If my last bottle of Wee Heavy is left, next time you are around, you can have a taste

    I'm very experimental, and I have tried brewing many styles (and tasting many more), but English styles just happen to be what i like. I guess that's my heritage coming out

    I also really enjoy many Belgian beers, specifically Chimay Bleu. I've never been partial to uber-bitter uber-bitter yank stuff.

    This is one reason why I like small batch brewing - I can experiment loads, and i only have 4-5 litres or so of beer to deal with if I dont particularly like the style. Then when I have a recipe I have enjoyed, it gets scaled up
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

    Kit: 46l Automated Electric BIAB & 1gallon stovetop BIAB

    Primary: ESB
    Secondary: -
    Conditioning: Abbey, Rhum Infused Stout, Baltic Porter
    Bottled and Drunk: Far too many

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •