Page 149 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1536

Cheers Harhm,

You certainly have a few beers in the chamber! I have an american/English rye in its final dry hop stage right now and then planning another German (mandarina) pils for next brew day

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    Nice looking NZ/German Pilsner

I'm currently fermenting a few beers, I have my house Blonde and a APA in one fermentation area and a American Amber Ale, Irish Red and a Belgian Quad in the other.
    WoW, those are plenty ... i don't recall seeing any pics of said "fermentation area"? ... got any pics?

I need to upgrade in the near future as my little fridge can only handle 1 bucket at a time

20190610_180730.jpg

Old Sanyo Coke Fridge ... Used as a fermentation chamber since Jan 2012
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    WoW, those are plenty ... i don't recall seeing any pics of said "fermentation area"? ... got any pics?

20190610_180730.jpg

Old Sanyo Coke Fridge ... Used as a fermentation chamber since Jan 2012
    Nothing wrong with that setup

I've created a thread where we can show off our brewing equipment, brewing areas and man cave's. Inspire us guys
    Last edited by Harhm; 11th June 2019 at 11:47.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

Good morning guys.
    I am doing v2 of Jannie and groenspook's blonde ale. Only this time I am going to boil the Magnum hops for 45 min instead of 30min. That brings my IBU to exactly 25. Cheers

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

My Blonde for the weekend ... might even happen sometime today ... it's just kak cold to get the body going

Screenshot_7.jpg

It's based off of this recipe, but I opted for a slightly higher abv ...

That sound lekker! I'm dreading my 5am brewday start tomorrow. Going to start the fireplace up... Doing a mandarina pilsner, realised the kegs get kicked quickly with pilsners, kegging my rye ale tomorrow too

Don't think I'll be brewing this weekend. Will see maybe I'll get that blonde a go. I just love having a recipe referred to as mine! I feel so important!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Mosaic is a delicious hop, the grainbill looks good. I can't see the bu:gu rating, but a blonde is around 0.5 to 0.4 which balances the hop grain ratio nicely. Pretty efficient to get the OG with 3.5kg fermentables, I thumb it out on 1kg per 10 points, but have tuned my gear in to fit my efficiency. If you're bored check out rbr (relative bitterness ratio) and bu:gu (bittering, gravity unit ratio) I use it extensively when crafting a recipe into a style.

^ Weird how you mention the bitterness ratio, as I was looking at that at the same time I was making that post ... yes it is off .... Im getting 0.614 and I think a Blonde is sitting at 0.46*, but I thought Im ok with the extra bitterness, as I think that large DH also throws if off from a true Blonde, dont it ?

...and +1 ... Im a big fan of the Mosaic hop

EDIT: If I drop to a 0.463 ratio, I get an IBU of 18.8 which might be ok .... I might just do that
    Last edited by JIGSAW; 15th June 2019 at 11:15. Reason: See EDIT

Ok, so I am planning a brew for a friends wedding. This means that there can't be any experimentation on this one. Hoping to get some input from you guys. I'm thinking of something like a vienna lager malt bill but then fermenting it cool with US-05. Need some recommendations on the best hops to use for this. Noble hops is a given but I'm not certain whether to go for Hallertau or Tettnanger, Spalt, Saaz? Just want it to be refreshing and approachable beer. Will be 5% abv with a slight sweetness from a bit of crystal in the bill.