Page 151 of 167 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1668

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Did a black IPA with Southern Passion and Cascade last weekend. Did a Belgian Abbey the weekend with Southern Aroma. First time using Southern Aroma in a Belgian beer, hit my highest effeciency with this beer 80%.
    Nice one, I like to hear what you think of S.Passion paired with Cascade. I'm kegging a Passion Cascade Blonde this weekend.

I brewed version 3 of my 2.5 % abv Extra Lite Lager early (5am) this morning.
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    Nice one, I like to hear what you think of S.Passion paired with Cascade. I'm kegging a Passion Cascade Blonde this weekend.

I brewed version 3 of my 2.5 % abv Extra Lite Lager early (5am) this morning.
    Will let you know as soon as I taste, should be next weekend. I have only done one lager to date a Marzen, really loved it. Planning my first Pilsner and Helles Aug/Sep. Man you are an early riser, earlist I have started to brew is 6:30 am.
    Did a Golden Ale a couple of months ago with Cascade and Southern Aroma, turned out quite good, enjoyed the hop combination, this beer was also a hit with the ladies.

Let me know what you think of your Passion Cascade Blonde.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

I'm at one of those stages where I am long overdue a brewday, and want to use what I have before ingredients get too stale. Any recipe suggestions for the following ingredients I have: (I typically do an 18l batch using 4.5kg of grain)

Malts. All in kg:

Pilsener 2
    Carapils 0.7
    Wheat malt 0.3
    Sab pale 3
    Pale crystal 0.1
    Med crystal 0.6
    Munich malt II. 0.5
    Caramunich I. 0.8

Hops. All in g:

Saaz 100
    Xja2 60
    T90 30
    J17 75
    S. Passion 35
    S. Aroma 50
    S. Star 100
    Cascade 60
    Columbus 100
    U1/132 40
    U1/108 100

Edit:yeast
    S04
    US05
    S23
    S23
    K97
    Nottingham ale

Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm thinking along the lines of a Pilsener and then a hoppedtohell Neipa or something like that
    Last edited by Langchop; 23rd June 2019 at 10:07. Reason: Yeasties
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."
    www.ginormity.com

Colour profile on BS3 tends to let me say American Amber or British Strong Ale or even a nice Red IPA.

Since you have all those hops, I'd gravitate to a Double Red IPA. (Not a style on its own, it's a combination of Red IPA and Double IPA and who needs style guides anyway )

A NEIPA would take care of the hops and the lighter grains, just add more wheat and oats. A Irish Red would take care of the malts, just add a little roast barley.
    Last edited by Harhm; 23rd June 2019 at 12:47.
    I value your experience more than your opinion Time is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

Good ideas, thank you. Never thought of a red, but that's something i am definately keen to try.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.ginormity.com

Blog Entries
    Brewed Belgian Triple on Saturday. OG came in quite a bit lower than planned. I think the malt might be a bit old.

The yeast was Liquid Culture's Trappist Yeast - can't remember the exact name. I reused the same yeast for a Single, a Dubbel and finally, a Triple.
    It's not the size of your equipment; it is what you brew with it.

Thirsty days hath September,
    April, June and November;
    All the rest are thirsty too
    Except for him who hath homebrew.

BeerSmith Recipes: http://beersmithrecipes.com/listreci...nseigeRatebeer

Profile: http://www.ratebeer.com/user/190730/

Brewed a Wee Heavy on Saturday. Water volumes were WAY out on BS3, so we did an extended boil and the OG and volumes were eventually spot on.
    Not too worried because I reckon the flavours from Maillard reaction during the boil is within style.

Really have to sort out those equipment profiles.......

Ok, just as tinkered with on BS app on my phone, from available ingredients that I have and comments here. The upcoming brews

Saaz Bohemian Pilsener (~20L)

2kg pilsener malt
    1.8kg pale palt
    0.70 kg carapils
    0.2kg medium crystal malt

26g Southern Star @ 60min
    30g Saaz @ 30 min
    40g Saaz @ 10 min
    30g Saaz @ flameout
    [Maybe reallocate some of the Saaz above to dry hop a bit as well/ instead?)

Saflager S-23

1.050 OG
    4.8% ABV
    39.5 IBU
    4.4 SRM

Hack n Bash Light Hoppy Red Ale ~20L (Just to use what I have and see what comes out -Limited pale malt left-might be low on enzymes):

1.2kg pale malt
    0.8kg Caramunich 1
    0.6kg Medium crystal
    0.5kg Munich 2
    0.2kg wheat malt

Hop types/ schedule/ IBU tbd
    Might scale down volume to up the OG
    Likely US05 yeast

1.035 OG
    3.4% ABV

Tear it apart with comments or warnings!

Now I just need to convince the wife that brewing these is more important than watching the little one
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.ginormity.com

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post

Saaz Bohemian Pilsener (~20L)

2kg pilsener malt
    1.8kg pale palt
    0.70 kg carapils
    0.2kg medium crystal malt

26g Southern Star @ 60min
    30g Saaz @ 30 min
    40g Saaz @ 10 min
    30g Saaz @ flameout
    [Maybe reallocate some of the Saaz above to dry hop a bit as well/ instead?)

Saflager S-23

1.050 OG
    4.8% ABV
    39.5 IBU
    4.4 SRM

Tear it apart with comments or warnings!
    I did put your recipe into my GF profile on BS and get to 60 IBU - Just double check the IBU's. I used S.Star 12% AA Saaz 4.5% AA fault more than likely on my side, I don't use the GF profile a lot..

I love drinking and brewing Pilsners, and I'm sure this will be a very good beer

I like the grain bill (malty with a touch of sweetness and character from the Med Crystal, although using crystal is non traditional in Pilsners 4% isn't that much anyway and will set your beer apart from other Pilsners)

Leave the hops as is, maybe for me its a bit low on the 30min and a little bit high on the 10 min but its all personal preference after 30 min anyway.

Go for it !