Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewing a duo tomorrow, my house pale (using kveik Stranda for the first time) and another Timothy Taylor Landlord Bitter clone. Empty kegs are sad kegs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Brew #1 done, full GF clean nearly done. Chilled to 39C. First ever stuck sparge, milled too fine. Overshot my OG with 0,005. Blaming the fine crush.

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        Brew #1 done, full GF clean nearly done. Chilled to 39C. First ever stuck sparge, milled too fine. Overshot my OG with 0,005. Blaming the fine crush.
        What % mash efficiency do you usually get with the GF ?
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• I usually get that 75%. I'm so used to it that I design around without worrying about it, a finer crush can push efficiency up, but it was a pita.

On a side note brew #2 has just jumped to the second mash step at 68C

Comment

• ^ ok cool. With BIAB I usually get 84-86%, but that might also be because I squeeze the sh|t out of my bag.

I dropped to 77% with those Walts malts, but back to my normal numbers using Simpsons again with the last brew at 85.7%

My BH efficiency is set to ±75%

Comment

• My bad doh, my BH is set to 75%. For this brew I got 91% including the unfermentables, without it 100%. My previous pilsner was 84% including unfermentables, 94% without.

Do you typically include unfermentables, like carapils ? Or just go total grainweight?
              groenspookasem
              Banned
              Last edited by groenspookasem; 30 June 2019, 12:16.

Comment

• Brew #2 in the ferm fridge. GF busy with it's last deep clean, most stuff packed away.

Thought on a double brew day? Not as fun as I thought it be...

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                  My bad doh, my BH is set to 75%. For this brew I got 91% including the unfermentables, without it 100%. My previous pilsner was 84% including unfermentables, 94% without.

Do you typically include unfermentables, like carapils ? Or just go total grainweight?
                  Yip, total grains and calculations are as per beersmith.

Sounds like that GF is giving good results

Comment

• Did a smaller batch the weekend. My first no chill and no sparge brew. Effeciency dropped by 7% as expected. 45 minute mash. 30 minute boil.Was done in 2 hours.
                    Final boil volume 12L. Used my fermentation chamber set to 0C to cool down the beer, was at 21C after 10 hours, pitched and now fermenting at 21C.
                    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                      Nice one, I like to hear what you think of S.Passion paired with Cascade. I'm kegging a Passion Cascade Blonde this weekend.

I brewed version 3 of my 2.5 % abv Extra Lite Lager early (5am) this morning.
                      Ok so I cracked my Black IPA the weekend. Not bad, the malty character seems to mask the hops a bit, before you can trully get the hop flavour the malt flavour kicks in, do not think I got the balance quite right.
                      However from what I could taste the S. Passion and cascade seem to work well together. I will do a normal IPA in the near future with S. Passion and cascade to confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                        Did a smaller batch the weekend. My first no chill and no sparge brew. Effeciency dropped by 7% as expected. 45 minute mash. 30 minute boil.Was done in 2 hours.
                        Final boil volume 12L. Used my fermentation chamber set to 0C to cool down the beer, was at 21C after 10 hours, pitched and now fermenting at 21C.
                        2 hours. Schweeeet.

Are you BIAB'ing?
                        Cheers,
                        Lang
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• 20190701_121646.jpg
                          The 1st IPA has been brewed and is bubbling away nicely.. dry-hopping to follow some time next week.

EDIT: Can't figure out how to rotate the pic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                            2 hours. Schweeeet.

Are you BIAB'ing?
                            Yes, since I started all grain I BIAB.

Comment

• Originally posted by krugie View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2029[/ATTACH]
                              The 1st IPA has been brewed and is bubbling away nicely.. dry-hopping to follow some time next week.

EDIT: Can't figure out how to rotate the pic?

It's not you, its the site ... we all have that problem

Comment

• So did anyone brew this weekend?

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X