Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just cubed a split batch SMaSH Pilsner (Belgian malt and SA hops) I might dry hop or use a different yeast on half.

I cant decide if I should brew a Mild, Red or a Oatmeal stout for my next brew.
    I bought some Marris Otter last week, maybe something that can showcase the MO, I have not brewed with MO before. Any suggestions/recipe's ?
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• What SA hops did you use for your SMaSH Pilsner? Going to be doing similar brew over the winter period. Would love to hear the detail and results of the brew.

Since you do split batches, why not do a parti-gyle and do both a Mild and a Red?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Flying Brew View Post
        What SA hops did you use for your SMaSH Pilsner? Going to be doing similar brew over the winter period. Would love to hear the detail and results of the brew.

Since you do split batches, why not do a parti-gyle and do both a Mild and a Red?
        Southern Aroma, I have used Southern Aroma a few times brewing Pilsners, even dryhopped 1/2 of my last Lite Lager batch with S. Aroma. Go for it you will be surprised.

Ito noble hops I will put S. Aroma in the same group as Hallertau Hersbrucker, ( its origin is from Saaz and Hallertau Mettelfreuh ) Unfortunately I dont have H.Mett in stock to compare with the S.aroma.

S.aroma its not as spicy as Saaz and not as earthy/herbal as Tettnang. S.aroma is a bit more floral than Saaz and Tett with a little bit of fruit. It will work well with a Pilsner but might be a bit too floral/fruity for a Czech Pils.

Great idea on the parti-gyle, unfortunitaly I only have space for 1 beer. I have done a Mild from a Porter that was very good, also did a Mild from a Stout that (partial mashed with cofee malt) was also very good. I think im going for my 1st Oatmeal Stout.
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
          I just cubed a split batch SMaSH Pilsner (Belgian malt and SA hops) I might dry hop or use a different yeast on half.

I cant decide if I should brew a Mild, Red or a Oatmeal stout for my next brew.
          I bought some Marris Otter last week, maybe something that can showcase the MO, I have not brewed with MO before. Any suggestions/recipe's ?
          I love doing This - golden-otter-pale-ale-all-grain recipe whenever I get my hands on some MO
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            I love doing This - golden-otter-pale-ale-all-grain recipe whenever I get my hands on some MO
            I get 52 IBU's in Beersmith, that's a bit rough for a Blonde I might use half the hops, Thanks its on my brew list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
              I get 52 IBU's in Beersmith, that's a bit rough for a Blonde I might use half the hops, Thanks its on my brew list.
              Yip, I classified mine as "English IPA" in BeerSmith because of the higher IBU ... I also upped the 30g addition to 40g as there is no use keeping 10g from the original 100g packet
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Today will be used to made a very basic Pale Ale.

I started early enough, I might just make 2 beers!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm brewing that Brewdog Elvis Juice clone that I mentioned last week, purely because I wanted to do some more research into how much peel I should use, and when to add it.

Unlike Atron though, I only started about 09h30, so I am in the cooling phase now.
                  Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                    I might just make 2 beer!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
                    Did you make that second one?

Comment

• Have saved this recipe for a future brew. Let us know how it turns out!

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
                      I'm brewing that Brewdog Elvis Juice clone

Comment

• Hibuscus Weiss for today.

A nice, summer beer...

Comment

• Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post

A nice, summer beer...

Just in time for winter [emoji869][emoji869][emoji869][emoji869][emoji869]

Comment

• ipa day for me today. attempting to clone dpbc kings blockhouse. lets see...

Comment

• Racked my mead off the less for the first time this weekend. Racked into bottles, stabilized and backsweetened some of it. Matched and overshot my target volumes, for which I'm very happy because now I have something to play with. Backsweetened some with honey to 5 litres, backsweetened some with juice concentrate to 5 litres and then had enough left to rack off 3 litres more to leave dry. This will be my play batch. Backsweetened meads came out good, I think. Chilled I suspect it will be very cidery like I had hoped, which is nice!

Comment

• Brewed my first cider a month ago.
                                From the bag. And its realy good. Only added 1/3 of the sweetener and the whole bag of lemon and berry flavor. Even SWMBO likes it. Filled 2 party kegs (5l each) and bottled the rest. Verry strong though! Didn't take gravity measurements [emoji28]. Cleared nicely, yeast formed a solid at the bottom so you can poor the whole bottle without sediment joining. I think its a Champaign yeast, very small bubbles with no head to speak off. For sure im brewing this again.

Cant find any pics now will add it latter along with the name of the bag if i can find it.

Happy brewing
                                Jannieverjaarkoeldrank

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X