Page 103 of 162 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1617

I just cubed a split batch SMaSH Pilsner (Belgian malt and SA hops) I might dry hop or use a different yeast on half.

I cant decide if I should brew a Mild, Red or a Oatmeal stout for my next brew.
    I bought some Marris Otter last week, maybe something that can showcase the MO, I have not brewed with MO before. Any suggestions/recipe's ?

What SA hops did you use for your SMaSH Pilsner? Going to be doing similar brew over the winter period. Would love to hear the detail and results of the brew.

Since you do split batches, why not do a parti-gyle and do both a Mild and a Red?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Brew View Post
    What SA hops did you use for your SMaSH Pilsner? Going to be doing similar brew over the winter period. Would love to hear the detail and results of the brew.

Since you do split batches, why not do a parti-gyle and do both a Mild and a Red?
    Southern Aroma, I have used Southern Aroma a few times brewing Pilsners, even dryhopped 1/2 of my last Lite Lager batch with S. Aroma. Go for it you will be surprised.

Ito noble hops I will put S. Aroma in the same group as Hallertau Hersbrucker, ( its origin is from Saaz and Hallertau Mettelfreuh ) Unfortunately I dont have H.Mett in stock to compare with the S.aroma.

S.aroma its not as spicy as Saaz and not as earthy/herbal as Tettnang. S.aroma is a bit more floral than Saaz and Tett with a little bit of fruit. It will work well with a Pilsner but might be a bit too floral/fruity for a Czech Pils.

Great idea on the parti-gyle, unfortunitaly I only have space for 1 beer. I have done a Mild from a Porter that was very good, also did a Mild from a Stout that (partial mashed with cofee malt) was also very good. I think im going for my 1st Oatmeal Stout.

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    I just cubed a split batch SMaSH Pilsner (Belgian malt and SA hops) I might dry hop or use a different yeast on half.

I cant decide if I should brew a Mild, Red or a Oatmeal stout for my next brew.
    I bought some Marris Otter last week, maybe something that can showcase the MO, I have not brewed with MO before. Any suggestions/recipe's ?
    I love doing This - golden-otter-pale-ale-all-grain recipe whenever I get my hands on some MO
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    I love doing This - golden-otter-pale-ale-all-grain recipe whenever I get my hands on some MO
    I get 52 IBU's in Beersmith, that's a bit rough for a Blonde I might use half the hops, Thanks its on my brew list.

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    I get 52 IBU's in Beersmith, that's a bit rough for a Blonde I might use half the hops, Thanks its on my brew list.
    Yip, I classified mine as "English IPA" in BeerSmith because of the higher IBU ... I also upped the 30g addition to 40g as there is no use keeping 10g from the original 100g packet
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Blog Entries
    Today will be used to made a very basic Pale Ale.

I started early enough, I might just make 2 beers!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    It's not the size of your equipment; it is what you brew with it.

Thirsty days hath September,
    April, June and November;
    All the rest are thirsty too
    Except for him who hath homebrew.

BeerSmith Recipes: http://beersmithrecipes.com/listreci...nseigeRatebeer

Profile: http://www.ratebeer.com/user/190730/

Senior Member StevenD (Slainthe)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm brewing that Brewdog Elvis Juice clone that I mentioned last week, purely because I wanted to do some more research into how much peel I should use, and when to add it.

Unlike Atron though, I only started about 09h30, so I am in the cooling phase now.
    Slainte Mhaith!!

Quote Originally Posted by AtronSeige View Post
    I might just make 2 beer!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Did you make that second one?

Have saved this recipe for a future brew. Let us know how it turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
    I'm brewing that Brewdog Elvis Juice clone