Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been meaning to make a Kölsch using Lemondrop, it should fit the style fairly well. I'm contemplating using either of these;
    Lemondrop only (25.8 IBU)
    OR
    Perle/Magnum bittering (17.8 IBU) and Lemondrop aroma (6.2 IBU)
    83.3% Pils
    8.3% Munich light
    6.3% Cara Clair
    2.1% Wheat
    bu:gu 0.5 on 4.8abv
    K97 or Oslo

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      Maybe their AA% per hop was higher at the time of writing that recipe.

I also get a higher gravity with those amount of grains @ 23L ?
      Yeah.. also noticed that. Oh well, I added a bit more hops and played with the grain bill, so should come out ok

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
        Citra and cascade are great but I've been disappointed by centennial. Maybe I got a boring batch but its almost flavorful less
        You should try a Two Hearted clone, but yeah I think I used Centennial way too much before and got bored of it

Comment

• Today's Brew is a Hibiscus Raspberry Saison, I'm planning on using a 50/50 yeast blend of T58 and Wb-60 to get the flavour of the T58 and the dryness of the WB-60.

About 250g of Hibiscus in the boil for a 20l batch which will give plenty of tartness and will rack into 1kg of frozen raspberries in secondary.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by paul.stevens View Post
            Today's Brew is a Hibiscus Raspberry Saison, I'm planning on using a 50/50 yeast blend of T58 and Wb-60 to get the flavour of the T58 and the dryness of the WB-60.

About 250g of Hibiscus in the boil for a 20l batch which will give plenty of tartness and will rack into 1kg of frozen raspberries in secondary.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
            Today's brew for me was a lot less interesting than this, just a regular Simcoe/Mosaic hoppy (for me) APA. Pitching US-05 tomorrow once it's chilled.

Planning another SMaSH brew for tomorrow

Comment

• Finally kegging my Cali common, its been crashing for a week, wasn't lus to keg. Also, that Vienna lager wort cube needs to be crashed.

Saw some on the cheap sab hops, so that so' passion neipa is getting closer to fruition. R200 or so for a kg, that's 3 brews from a kilo

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Brewed a Magnum/Ekuanot APA yesterday (No-Chill) .... Pitched Voss about 30min ago

---------------------------

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                <>

Saw some on the cheap sab hops, so that so' passion neipa is getting closer to fruition. R200 or so for a kg, that's 3 brews from a kilo
                Wow, that's a nice price
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Brewed a Magnum/Ekuanot APA yesterday (No-Chill) .... Pitched Voss about 30min ago

---------------------------

Wow, that's a nice price [emoji106]
                  I'll send you a pm

Comment

.. Pitched Voss about 30min ago :
                    Must be just about done then!
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                      Must be just about done then!
                      Well, Im sure its close. I forgot to turn down the electric heat blanket when I put my drunk a$$ to bed last night .....

She is sitting at 46ºC this morning

Comment

Well, Im sure its close. I forgot to turn down the electric heat blanket when I put my drunk a$$ to bed last night .....

She is sitting at 46ºC this morning
                        Oh shiiiiiiiiiit!

Comment

• Well, you sure will have some esters. Id drop temp and let her ride it out for a day or so, perhaps check SG

Comment

• Just decanted 25lt Pilsen/Mittlefruh SMaSH into the cube for chilling overnight. Pitching W34/70 tomorrow morning.

50 Lt in all this weekend, I'm happy

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                              Well, you sure will have some esters. Id drop temp and let her ride it out for a day or so, perhaps check SG

Yip, I switched off the blanket and the temp is slowly dropping ... Im not fussed about the SG ... I will let it sit for a while even tho its Kveik ... No rush

Did some research .... seems like plenty guys pitch at 39º and then ferment at 43ºC ... so im only 3ºC over

Comment

• Ive done that, pitched at 40C, it was quite a violent fermentation too

Comment

Working...
                                X