Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, if you keen to try it, mash it separately in a large pot and then strain it through a sieve ....

Then you can add the liquid to the wort before start of boil

But adding it to your mash is just gonna be a headache and cause a stuck sparge
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Did a Trappist single with some saaz/tradition and orange peel. Also made burgers.. [emoji23]

Comment

• That looks awesome. That burger is the size of a plate!! Beer has a legit creamy head

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
          That looks awesome. That burger is the size of a plate!! Beer has a legit creamy head
          Can’t claim the creamy head.. a guinness that is [emoji23]

Comment

• So who is brewing this weekend?

Comment

• Doing a Pale again,

Pale, Munich and Cara 60.
              Southern Dawn for bittering, Southern Sublime for aroma and flavour
              First brew with Voss as well so hopefully drinking it next weekend

Comment

• Did this today ... basically exact copy of my previous brew ( which im enjoying at the moment and it's Yum )

Previous brew was Southern Tropic as you might remember, but Im subbing the Tropic for Sublime to give this new hop a go.

Happy Brewing All

Screenshot_46.jpg

Also Dryhopping with 50g Sublime just before cold crash

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                  Did this today ... basically exact copy of my previous brew ( which im enjoying at the moment and it's Yum )

Previous brew was Southern Tropic as you might remember, but Im subbing the Tropic for Sublime to give this new hop a go.

Happy Brewing All

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2766[/ATTACH]

Also Dryhopping with 50g Sublime just before cold crash
                  Jig I like beer but that is bitter. Taking the SO round town. Enjoying a nice hoegaarden and the a cornet oaked. Good little oaked golden strong

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters;31652[B
                    ]Jig I like beer but that is bitter.[/B] Taking the SO round town. Enjoying a nice hoegaarden and the a cornet oaked. Good little oaked golden strong
                    No way bru ... that is still on the low side of bitter

I was advised by an assistant brewer to do my hops like that .....
                    especially IPA and APA ... forget aroma and flavour hops and add then all into the whirlpool ....
                    then dry hop to your liking

After moving your hops to whirlpool , adjust the bittering hops to suit the style.

Beer is evolving with everyone adding more hops later into the boil and whirlpool and dryhop ...
                    (almost like a NEIPA) ... so my recipe might show 47IBU ... but tasting it (bitter) you wouldn't say

PS: I even like beer with an IBU of 100+ (but it's a pleasant bitterness)

Comment

• Apa in planning, summit, mosaic, centennial, enigma, galaxy, Amarillo...choices choices...
                      Watcha all brewing?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• APA is easy ...
                        p03$ hops by tot dit nie meer soos n blond smaak nie

Comment

APA is easy ...
                          p03$ hops by tot dit nie meer soos n blond smaak nie [emoji38]
                          [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• As it is with everything in homebrewing, right?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

No way bru ... that is still on the low side of bitter

PS: I even like beer with an IBU of 100+ (but it's a pleasant bitterness)
                              IBU is just a rating, depending on how balanced a beer is a 30 IBU could taste more bitter than a 50 IBU

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

• My IPA's usually around 70 IBU and enjoy beers even higher than 70, like Jig said it is a pleasent bitterness.
                                I suppose not for eveyone, family and friends enjoy beers with much lower IBU, they say my IPA's are far to bitter.
                                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                                X