X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
    groenspookasem
    Banned
    Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:42.

Comment

• I saw a YT video from the channel 'The Craft Beer Channel' where the blokes had a interview with the owner/brew master of Verdant how this yeast came about and also made a couple of videos where they brewed their own NEIPA with the said yeast to be judged by Verdant. .. for those that are interested.
      EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv5Mw7tOHig

I had it on my to do list to get the yeast, but I'm hoarding such a collection that I'll pass for the moment.

That said - I had my opinion about VOSS a while back - and TBH it's kind-off growing on me now. I've come to accept that it's not US05 and VOSS definitly has it's place in fruity beers.
      AlexBrew
      Last edited by AlexBrew; 8 February 2021, 18:22.

Comment

• I had a few of their beers and to my taste it was the best hazy ipa/pa style beers I have ever had...hence when I saw the yeast thought maybe to try my hand at their version

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
          groenspookasem
          Banned
          Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
            That is a huge yeast cake!
            Interesting you mention that. My Marzen also had a huge yeast cake. I pitched a big jar of slurry and the yeast cake layer initially sat almost 3l thick. It's since settled a bit more and covers only the bottom 1.5l of so. I think with fining it should settle even more.

Comment

• Today I'll be brewing the Cali Common with VOSS.

I have to say that this forum is a great inspiration into what beers to brew next. My list of beer to do is ever growing and not getting to the end of it. I still want to do revvy's Blonde.. you ouks made me lus to brew a Marzen.. maybe in a couple of weeks I'd be perfectly on time for that one. Winter is coming and a Irish Red sounds good - think VOSS will suit this style.. and then again Tropical Stout for the rainy days.

Comment

• Agree - lots of inspiration on the forum - I'm going to try the white stout next ....
                Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

• Yes i also need to copy that recipe.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                    Winter is coming and a Irish Red sounds good.
                    Funny you mention this one. I ordered the malts and hops for my first IRA yesterday. Going to ferment it with US-05. Never used US-05 before, so I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to make a malty, low IBU amber IRA that'll hit the spot. Mashing high as well to get some body in there. Recipe is built, can't wait to brew it. Going to be making a double batch, cubing one for a client on special request as well.

Comment

• US-04 might be a better fit ... but that's just me. The US-05 will do the job.
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                        US-04 might be a better fit ... but that's just me. The US-05 will do the job.
                        Yeah I have a brick of S-04 at home and it works, but all recipes I'm finding seems to recommend US-05. I'm not sure why. I ordered a packet of US-05 anyway. I'll probably find that on brew day I'll just pitch S-04 instead. It works well.

I have to say that while S-04 isn't supposed to attenuate that far, I've seen a bunch of super dry beers from it myself. I include it with my kits as the regular ale yeast for guys to ferment with (hard to stuff it up), and some guys reported fermentation down to 1.006 in some cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                          all recipes I'm finding seems to recommend US-05. I'm not sure why.
                          It was mentioned that IRA is more American than Irish, so maybe US-05 is not a bad idea

Comment

• I prefer US04 for British/Irish recipes and US05 for American recipes for a cleaner end result.
                            The US04 should give you more residual sweetness which i think is closer to the styles of the North ?
                            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Just returned from my LHBS, I am brewing another Tangerine Pilsner and the MG Killer Hop clone this weekend.

R805 for 100 litres of beer...(using washed yeast)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                                Just returned from my LHBS, I am brewing another Tangerine Pilsner and the MG Killer Hop clone this weekend.

R805 for 100 litres of beer...(using washed yeast)
                                tangerine pilsner sounds intresting.. you just chuck in tangerines or what?

I just finished milling the grain for Revvy's blonde will be brewing first thing tomorrow morning!!

Comment

Working...
                                X