Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MongooseMan View Post
    So 220g of hops equals a crapton of trub:
    Attachment 614

Will filter next time
    Holy moly, thats a lot of trub MM. Nearly 8 oz of hops, thats......thats just.....well done dude

Brewpi showing fermentation taking off:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422944493.901618.jpg

Look how the fridge temp needs to keep getting lower just to keep the beer temp in check because of all the heat the yeast is generating

That's nuts!

Blog Entries
    This weekend I am planning on brewing a stout of some sorts, maybe 2 different stouts.

I have 2 APAs that are being kegged tonight. One with Southern Aroma, one with Southern... something, I forgot the other hops.

I got some yeast that a company asked me to test, so I have to brew a bitter to see if the yeast is good to style. That will probably happen next week. I will probably brew something heavy with that so that so that it has time to relax before winter.
    It's not the size of your equipment; it is what you brew with it.

Thirsty days hath September,
    April, June and November;
    All the rest are thirsty too
    Except for him who hath homebrew.

BeerSmith Recipes: http://beersmithrecipes.com/listreci...nseigeRatebeer

Profile: http://www.ratebeer.com/user/190730/

Senior Member StevenD (Slainthe)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As I type, my boil of an English Brown Ale is about 20mins away from completion, then for cooling.

I was in Beerguevara yesterday for some grains (I am going to try my hand at roasting) so I decided to try their Brown Ale kit.

Sometime next week, I hope to be brewing a stout from grains I will have roasted, and then also a SMASH with Cascade hops. the last one I did with Amarillo was really good, IMO, so I want to try it with a different hop.
    Slainthe!!

Bottled: Po's Porter
    Fermenting: Blonde ale, Buchu Blonde, French Oak L'ale, Belgian Saison
    Next Brew: Not sure
    Previous Brews: Welcome Home Bru SMASH (Amarillo dry-hopped), "Snow White's Revenge" Cider, American Amber Ale, Pale Ale, Irish Stout, Saison, Red Lager, IPA, Cherry IPA, Biscuit Ale, Cider, Extract IPA, Extract English Bitter, Extract Heritage Lager, Po's Porter, Hoppy Pilsner, Ginga Beeah.

Trying my first lager. Vienna red lager in the fermenter. But Escom is not helping my temps!

Senior Member StevenD (Slainthe)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantP View Post
    Trying my first lager. Vienna red lager in the fermenter. But Escom is not helping my temps!
    It would help to keep your fermenter, if possible, in a bath of cold water. That way, if the power goes off, you can chuck ice into the bath to keep the temp down for a while until it comes back on.
    Slainthe!!

Bottled: Po's Porter
    Fermenting: Blonde ale, Buchu Blonde, French Oak L'ale, Belgian Saison
    Next Brew: Not sure
    Previous Brews: Welcome Home Bru SMASH (Amarillo dry-hopped), "Snow White's Revenge" Cider, American Amber Ale, Pale Ale, Irish Stout, Saison, Red Lager, IPA, Cherry IPA, Biscuit Ale, Cider, Extract IPA, Extract English Bitter, Extract Heritage Lager, Po's Porter, Hoppy Pilsner, Ginga Beeah.

No brewing for me - building something that will hold my mill... unless the urge to brew my English Mild will exceed my urge to wield some tools
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Kit: 46l Automated Electric BIAB & 1gallon stovetop BIAB

Primary: ESB
    Secondary: -
    Conditioning: Abbey, Rhum Infused Stout, Baltic Porter
    Bottled and Drunk: Far too many

I need to brew the Libertine Black Ale Clone this weekend to have it ready for the Southyeasters Summer Festival!
    bluemountainbrew.co.za

Primary:
    Secondary: Apple & Cranberry Wine, Strawberry Wine, Mead,
    Conditioning:
    Bottled/Kegged: Black Ale/BIPA (SYSF)
    Next Up:​ ?Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout?

No brewing for me either at the moment, another couple of weeks. Can't wait, will get the mates around to witness my first attempt with the new system. Pleeease no leaks.
    "Im Allergic to grass. Hey, it could be worse. I could be allergic to beer." Greg Norman