This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Everyone to their own opinion. I have used Southern Aroma, Southern Passion and African Queen extensively and in quite a few different styles and I think they are great. I think they are on par imported hops.

cool3.jpg

+1 African Queen is one of my favourites and I would gladly use any SA hop for any style beer.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• I'm unable to comment on any SAB hops, but ultimately you are making beer for yourself, so why care what you put in it? If you like it, then you've reached your goal - if others don't like it, well they're not having any
      I've recently kegged a pils, bittered with NZ hops, aroma with german, fermented with voss at lower temps and the result is pretty damn good if I have to say so myself. Is it still a pils? IDGAF, it's mine and it's damn good. The bittering is clean, the aroma is perfect and the yeast did the trick enough so that most wont recognize the difference. Clean and crisp.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
        actually that's mostly all what they are useful for
        Interesting, what SA hops and/or combinations with SA hops did you use in your lagers that was any good ?

(I would like to try a few different options, maybe do Southern Aroma with Tettnanger or Hallertau next time)
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
          Interesting, what SA hops and/or combinations with SA hops did you use in your lagers that was any good ?

(I would like to try a few different options, maybe do Southern Aroma with Tettnanger or Hallertau next time)
          Manadarina Bavaria? Mittelfruh?

Comment

• IMG-20191007-WA0000.jpg

Munich Helles that I fermented around 12 psi pressure. Grain to glass in 14 days, includes 2 days cold crash and 2 days in keg to carbonate a bit more. Clean, crisp and refreshing
            Harhm
            Last edited by Harhm; 8 October 2019, 15:33.
            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2143[/ATTACH]

Munich Helles that I fermented around 12 psi pressure. Grain to glass in 14 days, includes 2 days cold crash and 2 days in keg to carbonate a bit more. Clean, crisp and refreshing
              Wow. Great one

What setup did you use to ferment under pressure ?
              Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Couple of brewed cold ones when I was at Harties the weekend. IPA and Pilsner.
                S Bitter.jpgPilsner.jpg
                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• ^ Damn, that Pilsner looks refreshing

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                  What setup did you use to ferment under pressure ?
                  He posted here > http://www.wortsandall.co.za/showthr...ll=1#post23592

Comment

• Bitters and my American wheat, currently on tap. Lekker Sunday with some fresh kingklip on the braai. Cheers gents!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Damn, that looks yummy and with this weather, will go down nicely

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                        Bitters and my American wheat, currently on tap. Lekker Sunday with some fresh kingklip on the braai. Cheers gents!

[ATTACH]2150[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2151[/ATTACH]

Great looking beers

Comment

• 20191016_180210.jpg
                          Cant remember posting this when it was brewed ....

Cherry Cider brewed back in December 2018 10L batch .... Added 1Kg fresh cherries to the FV close to the end of fermentation.

Didn't take any gravity readings but would estimate this at around 7%+ abv.

Veeeeery dry, but then again I don't mind it like that. If anything, the cherries added more colour than aroma/flavour as I don't get a distinct cherry taste. Have ±2L left and will let then age a little more.

Comment

• Nice! Pity we can't taste over the internet yet!

Comment

• How red is this red ale?

Comment

• Very nice

Very nice and clear

Comment

Working...
                                X