Buying Bulk from SAB Alrode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Bulk from SAB Alrode

Where can I get more information on how to purchase malt from Alrode?

It's been a little while since I last bought but I contacted Alizia (Alizia.DuPreez@za.sabmiller.com) who works at the Alrode maltings. Just tell her how many bags you want and when you would like to collect (they have specific collection days and you have to wait a week) and ask for banking details and an invoice.

Alrode malting are really difficult to get hold of (have been the for the years I have bought bulk). The last time I ended up contacting Tyrone, who I think is more involved in operations than admin, and he helped me out (tyrone.parmanand@za.sabmiller.com)

If those don't help I also once ended up calling the Caledon maltings and they put me in touch with someone who could help. I contacted them via their number on the SAB website. I never once had a single call answered by the Alrode maltings.

Comment

Thank you for the info

Comment

I just buy from one of the local commercial brewers @ cost.

Comment

Do what Jakes does and save yourself a massive headache. I stopped buying from Alrode because it became such a pain.

Comment

I pickup pale malt from Alrode on Friday.

First you order from Cheryl Julies (Cheryl.Julies@za.ab-inbev.com). She then sends a invoice. Collection days on a Tuesday or Friday a week after payment.

Go to gate 2, then on to weighbridge, fill in logbook the security brings. do not get out of vehicle. They send me to the loading zone. Got my bags and went to next weighbridge at exit for more paper work. Took 20 minute from start to finish.

They ask me to bring hardhat and reflector vest next time, that was only issue they had.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloemhoek View Post
              I pickup pale malt from Alrode on Friday.

First you order from Cheryl Julies (Cheryl.Julies@za.ab-inbev.com). She then sends a invoice. Collection days on a Tuesday or Friday a week after payment.

Go to gate 2, then on to weighbridge, fill in logbook the security brings. do not get out of vehicle. They send me to the loading zone. Got my bags and went to next weighbridge at exit for more paper work. Took 20 minute from start to finish.

They ask me to bring hardhat and reflector vest next time, that was only issue they had.
              Why? especially if you must stay in your vehicle
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                Why? especially if you must stay in your vehicle
                Health and safety. They are a factory, so you have to adhere to the safety rules.

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                  Health and safety. They are a factory, so you have to adhere to the safety rules.
                  Ok Fair, but just about any factory that you visit must supply you with those items including ear plugs for noisy areas if it's a "Health and Safety" concern.

Comment

Does the SAB malt still have stones in it? My grinder has a couple of teeth missing from that malt.

Comment

Originally posted by jay95 View Post
                      Does the SAB malt still have stones in it? My grinder has a couple of teeth missing from that malt.
                      yes, found one in my last Alrode SAB pale bag

I wasn't popular with the plant manager at Caledon when I asked why SAB Maltings left crap in their grain, I can tell you.........

I now buy Ukraine pale and other brands when I can find them on special

Comment

I recently purchased Chateau (Castle) pale. It worked out slightly more expensive than SAB. I would rather pay a slight bit more but get a better products.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

What numbers do you use in your software for SAB pale malt? I use those in the photo. It seems it is a little bit optimistic since using these numbers my brewhouse efficiency drops by almost 10%

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine looks like this ... not sure were I originally got the info ....

Screenshot_19.jpg

Comment

I lost the info so I just use a pale lager 2-row as spec. There is a thread somewhere were we tried to determine the Beersmith specs.

Comment

Working...
                              X