This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
    That looks good, what do you have in it?
    The link to recipe is in the 1st sentence
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• How do you find the black malt? It was quite perceptible in my porter I made some time ago

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        How do you find the black malt? It was quite perceptible in my porter I made some time ago
        The recipe uses Caramunich 3 and Carafa Special 2. The malts provide soft chocolate and slightly sweetened coffee notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          WoW, Hectic
          The funny part is that I thought the Russian Imperial was going to decorate the ceiling, but it was quiet and well behaved.

The porter surprised me. The temp in the bathroom is ~14C, lower over-night. What happened during that night that made it get so excited?

Comment

• Check out the clarity of this Pale Ale brewed with SA hops
            20190410_181801.jpg
            Harhm
            Last edited by Harhm; 20 June 2019, 12:46.
            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• That looks delicious !!! Great color and clear, good job !

Comment

• ^ Very Nice!

Comment

• Let me guess - lots of crystal malts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                    Check out the clarity of this Pale Ale brewed with SA hops
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2016[/ATTACH]
                    Now I'm thirsty

Comment

• Pretty!

With more words so that I can post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                        Let me guess - lots of crystal malts?
                        Only 7% Crystal malt (20&25 EBC) Thanks guys
                        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• On the other side of the clarity spectrum... we have another belgian! This time a Belgian Wheat, fermented with a rescued sample of WLP500. Medium body and carbonation, pleasant peppery aroma, dry finish, 5% abv. Happy with the results.

IMG_0025.jpg

Comment

• Yummy

Comment

• German Pilsner: BIAB, no-chill, cold crashed, bottled and lagered for 4 months.
                              20190701_181800.jpg
                              Harhm
                              Last edited by Harhm; 2 July 2019, 10:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                                German Pilsner: BIAB, no-chill, cold crashed, bottled and lagered for 4 months.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2031[/ATTACH]
                                Looks good, hows it taste ?, doing my first Pilsner in August.

Checking recipes on web, some people use a 3 - 5 % caramel pills / hell. What would you suggest ? or rather a few percent Melanoiden ?, you prevoiusly mentioned using it in a Pilsner.
                                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                                X