Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: No Chill Method

yeah, i'm an a-type and am unable to skip the "motions". my attempt at "let the chips fall where they may" has had me weighing out fistfuls of rye to get to a happy average, then using this to make a whisky mash with a few "fistfuls" of rye to randomize it, plus it sounds way cooler. letting fate decide the outcome, with a fairly good understanding of the outcome anyway. brewing blind would strip the joy out of it for me

Saw this at westpack. HDPE2 stamped and with thick sturdy walls. Should work, right?

1.jpg

Perfect

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Thats what I got for my only attempt at cubing. Worked fine but you need to get a good grip on the lid to seal, but I think thats with all containers really.
    Last edited by Langchop; 7th January 2021 at 09:10.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    Thats what I got for my only attempt at cubing. Worked fine but you need to get a good grip on the lid to seal, but I think thats with all containers really.
    Do you ferment in it?

If so where did you get a special osmosis cap from (or would you just crack the lid slightly).

Quote Originally Posted by BruHaha View Post
    Do you ferment in it?

If so where did you get a special osmosis cap from (or would you just crack the lid slightly).

The guys in Australia ferment straight in their cubes by just cracking the lid ... no special caps
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by BruHaha View Post
    Do you ferment in it?

No, not that time. I did ferment straight in one of Toxxyc's cubes though. Worked fine, just a bit tricky getting the wort out afterward with the equipment I (dont) have.

I usually prefer to just rubber band a packet over the opening and make a pin prick in it. That way you dont pull in oxygen if you take a sample (if a tap is fitted)
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."