Logik 50L S/S urn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logik 50L S/S urn

Right, I see Game has a special on Stainless Steel 50L Logik urns, for R895 (http://www.game.co.za/50l-s-s-urn.html) , what do you guys think???

I've searched the forums and only found a handful of threads from over a year ago with people intending to buy the same urn, but no real answers if it is worth it. Has anyone here used it?

I want to still use it for BIAB, but then I can use full volume mash & boil and end up with 23L without having to top up with water, hopefully increasing my efficiency!

I bought my 20L Hart Alu pot because I couldn't find anything larger that's still affordable, now that I've used it once for a partial mash and topped up with water in fermenter, suddenly there is a massive urn on special ...

it'd probably work although you'd have to modify it a little to prevent it from switching off when it hits a boil.

Comment

I've been using one for a while. Thermostat dials up to 110 degrees so able to get a decent rolling boil. Not a bad option for the money

Comment

How would this work for a Mash Tun? Is the thermostat reliable enough to keep it to exact temperatures?

Comment

I have one and have modified it quite a bit. Boil dry sensor is gone, thermostat is replaced with a toggle switch. Tap is replaced with an SS ball valve. Next up is to control it with my STC1000 (with contactor) till I save up for a PID and a recirulation pump.

Originally posted by Nickw View Post
          How would this work for a Mash Tun? Is the thermostat reliable enough to keep it to exact temperatures?
          No it won't. Loses about 4C during a 90min mash.

Originally posted by that guy al View Post
          it'd probably work although you'd have to modify it a little to prevent it from switching off when it hits a boil.
          Yep rip that boil dry sensor out before it stops a boil mid boil.

Overall the 2.5Kw element will get the job done it just takes a while to get to mash and boil temps.
          Primary: APA
          Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
          Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
          Next up: world domination

Comment

This is as good as it's going to get, if anyone's in the market for these...

152446714_10157989698448946_825004974793398503_o.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/groups/602380...40&ref=m_notif

I'm so very tempted but circumstances make it a bad buy for me. But for those looking, this is a very low price
            Langchop
            Last edited by Langchop; 24 February 2021, 08:59.
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Wow. I paid R1,599 a few weeks ago.

Comment

Wow thats low! Also paid 1599 a while back. Dont know how they can make it for that low.
                Get it now!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                  This is as good as it's going to get, if anyone's in the market for these...
                  Glad you got my tag :P

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                    Wow. I paid R1,599 a few weeks ago.
                    damn, me too

Comment

IMG_20210204_164356.jpg

Here's my build so far, replaced the tap and added a dial thermostat. Got a few more plans for it, but for now I am happy with the results

Comment

What tap did you replace it with, size? I want to replace mine, but have no idea what size tap will fit. I'm also playing with the idea of cutting a 1" hole in there just to get it in there as well.

Comment

looks like a 1/2" 3 piece ball valve.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylanabanana View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3110[/ATTACH]

Here's my build so far, replaced the tap and added a dial thermostat. Got a few more plans for it, but for now I am happy with the results
                            Looks Good
                            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                              Looks Good
                              Thanks mate!

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                              looks like a 1/2" 3 piece ball valve.
                              Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                              What tap did you replace it with, size? I want to replace mine, but have no idea what size tap will fit. I'm also playing with the idea of cutting a 1" hole in there just to get it in there as well.
                              Yeah as Jitters mentioned it's 1/2" 3 piece ball valve, got it from this place in Cape Town. https://nde.co.za/, had to use a Dremmel to grind the hole a bit bigger to fit the tap.

Comment

Working...
                              X