Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Stormy Capetonian weather revealed that glühwein warmed on the fireplace is good, not as good as beer, but under the circumstances an exception can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    ^ What style of beer was it ... they obviously aimed for something lower than 2.6 volumes of CO² ??

I usually aim for about 2.3

What temp is the beer sitting at atm ?

Its a South African Pale Ale
    Beer is in a cupboard with electric blanket keeping constant 20deg

Quote Originally Posted by SamlL View Post
    Its a South African Pale Ale
    Beer is in a cupboard with electric blanket keeping constant 20deg

Aah ok, just wanted to make sure you're not "condition storing" them in the fridge.

90g isn't much, but it should be ok to get some bubbles into the beer ... nothing less than 2.0-2.1 volumes on my usual 19L batch ? ... and 2.1 is acceptable ??
    What was your batch size?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Aah ok, just wanted to make sure you're not "condition storing" them in the fridge.

90g isn't much, but it should be ok to get some bubbles into the beer ... nothing less than 2.0-2.1 volumes on my usual 19L batch ? ... and 2.1 is acceptable ??
    What was your batch size?
    20L batch, but i got out about 21.something lt after the boil, so could extra liter or so cause it to water down too much for the dex

I used 93g of dextrose in my last pilsner, in about 22l total. Carbonation is a bit low, but it's still enough to pour a nice head and it is far from flat.

Today I learnt that breast milk storage bags function well for storing harvested yeast. I also learnt how to harvest and wash my used yeast.
    Harvested Yeast.jpg

Nice One

cool3.jpg
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I learnt that a maize hammer mill and a rice dehusker won't mill your malt... like nothing!it just comes out the bottom. You have been told. Malt mill ordered and on its way.

I've learnt that brewing my own beer has ruined some of my favourite commercial craft beers, I'm drinking one of my favourite IPA's and it has off flavours, esthers and the finish and mouth feel is harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by paul.stevens View Post
    I've learnt that brewing my own beer has ruined some of my favourite commercial craft beers, I'm drinking one of my favourite IPA's and it has off flavours, esthers and the finish and mouth feel is harsh.
    One of us ! Welcome to the club

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk