View Poll Results: How do you feel about crowd funding?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy to fund at the startup phase.

3 60.00%
  • I'm more cautious and will wait until brewery has been running for a year.

2 40.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

@ Langchop:

Thanks for the interest. Things have progressed, we are indeed mostly waiting for the dreaded cANCer government to process the liquor license request.....
    FOOD: this will be deep fried and flat-top grilled. If you want a salad, bring your own.....
    BEERS: some core beers, some experimentals and some floating taps from some top Worthogs club members
    GLASSES: we usually source from a reputable vendor near Kya Sands
    WAITERS: that will be me in the beginning.........

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    My favorite and local is https://aegirprojectbrewery.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/Aegir-Proje...8442934056610/ or https://www.instagram.com/aegirproject/

Excellence in execution, not a burger or pizza in sight. Various sausage styles on hot dog or soft pretzel rolls and other smallish food items. Core beers on 5? taps and rotation on experimentals. Always jam packed with patrons either waiting for a spot to sit or parking off on steps. They're at the red herring trading post in noordhoek, but do pop up at other venues in the Cape. They do offer growlers for sale and refills of these too. Love the place.

Devils Peak lost its soul to satan :-)
    Rory is brilliant. We have been to the new taproom in Constantia but I was underwhelmed by the venue there.

As for DP: they haven't been "craft" for a long time. "Independent" is also now in question. And we don't want to even discuss DB.

How awesome would it be to have one of your own beers on tap at a venue! Sounds like a cool setup!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    How awesome would it be to have one of your own beers on tap at a venue! Sounds like a cool setup!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk
    I have multiple beers on tap at a venue, but that venue is not open to the public. You're right it is an awesome feeling. The owner has lots of cooking experience and makes a mean dish, some nice glasses, excellent location, rubbish waiters though, tends to be a help yourself thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    I also thought it would be cool. It will mean some wangling to align to the Liquor Act but nothing insurmountable.

I also think having a proper and informative website is critical.

Do you have an expected opening date?
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    I also think having a proper and informative website is critical.

Do you have an expected opening date?
    nope, I think word of mouth is better

sometime this year...............