Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm planning on opening a tap room/ brew pub. Your ideas please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a huge fan of the traditional wooden benches. To such an extend that when dros got rid of their benches i stopped going to dros every thursday for "bier aand" with the guys. We moved to sunset lapa, and when they moved we started to bounce around a bit.
    Go with the wooden bench...

Ps, centurion is getting a capital craft. It's kind of hush hush. They did confirm it, but details will be released in due time. Current roomer is in highveld, or midstream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a fan of dimpled mugs for glassware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by craftyza View Post
        ps, centurion is getting a capital craft. It's kind of hush hush. They did confirm it, but details will be released in due time. Current roomer is in highveld, or midstream.
        wooooooooooooooooooooooohhoooooooooooo
        Primary: APA
        Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
        Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
        Next up: world domination

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
          What about seating and tables?
          Loose chairs are easier to fall over, easier to break and useful as weapons.

Comment

For glassware I would suggest a nonic.

Special glasses sound like a good idea, but 1. They cost more, 2. They will get stolen. Go for what is cheap at your glassware supplier.

Comment

Take a trip to the states for ideas .
              My favourite taprooms where the ones with a bar , craft beer supply shop and burger/pizza joint
              If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
              ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
              abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

Comment

Originally posted by defender110 View Post
                Take a trip to the states for ideas .
                My favourite taprooms where the ones with a bar , craft beer supply shop and burger/pizza joint
                Pizza might be a good idea? I have always loved the idea of having a beer whilst eating pizza!

I know a couple of great pizza places... And I know a couple of great brew places..
                But I do not know of a great brew pub pizza place!

And with regards to the seats, I have been an alcohol marshall at some events, trust me, you want the traditional bench. People get drunk and will trip over chairs, bigger parties also end up hogging the chairs because the take them from smaller parties to their gathering, and lastly as was previously mentioned, chairs make for great weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleyFXST View Post
                  But I do not know of a great brew pub pizza place!
                  Chameleon makes a mean pizza

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                    Chameleon makes a mean pizza
                    And Ruaan's new IRA and his Saison are great.

He's re-done parts of his system to eliminate some err umm issues and also now brings in his own water.

Comment

Dirk @ The Ale House has some great pizzas, but sad to say, he's lost his brewing mojo.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyZA View Post
                        I'm a huge fan of the traditional wooden benches.
                        Originally posted by CraftyZA View Post
                        I'm a fan of dimpled mugs for glassware.
                        and i'm a fan of cute waitresses

Comment

Originally posted by that guy al View Post
                          and i'm a fan of cute waitresses
                          That is always a bonus... But I tend to tip them more, so can be rough on the wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                            OK: glassware: I'm more keen on the traditional ale glass

But lots of people use the heffeweizen glass.

Then there is the standard UK pub glass:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1147[/ATTACH]
                            For me it's a toss up between the classic ale glass and the UK pub glass (think the UK glass is a little more unique and interesting). I agree with the gents here about keeping it basic though. Maybe you could have 2 or 3 styles of glass. One for light beers (blondes / lagers), one for the stronger/darker ones (PA / IPA etc) and one for stouts and porters but of course its just easier having one

I also love the idea of the bench seating and specifically the loose bench seating. After all, the men with the beer bellies have to fit in somehow Have to agree with the pizza and beer combo. Also maybe a nice burger. I don't think you can lose with either.

Comment

I've added a poll on crowd funding.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBot View Post
                                For me it's a toss up between the classic ale glass and the UK pub glass (think the UK glass is a little more unique and interesting). I agree with the gents here about keeping it basic though. Maybe you could have 2 or 3 styles of glass. One for light beers (blondes / lagers), one for the stronger/darker ones (PA / IPA etc) and one for stouts and porters but of course its just easier having one

I also love the idea of the bench seating and specifically the loose bench seating. After all, the men with the beer bellies have to fit in somehow Have to agree with the pizza and beer combo. Also maybe a nice burger. I don't think you can lose with either.
                                I would go for the Stout glasses actually, cos I do like a glass with a handle on it, it keeps your body heat from warming your beer in summer and in winter you can hold your beer without freezing your hand off. The hefeweizen glasses are way to fragile for a pub setting in my opinion. Snacks are very important, I agree pizza and burger is tasty, but seeing beer is already quite filling you sometime just want some snacks, so maybe also sell some, biltong, hot hcips, chicken strips, snack basket type food, always good if you just want a snack.

Comment

Working...
                                X