Bottles that won't skunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottles that won't skunk

Hey guys, so I know green bottles can make beer taste skunky if exposed to light. Does anyone know if Windhoek Draught bottles are safe to use?
    I'm guessing Heineken bottles are out, though I have used those and didn't detect any weird flavours.
    Anyone have any info/educated guesses?

Yes, light is bad for beer. As long as you keep the beer away from light, incandescent and fluorescent, you should be okay. The intensity plays a role as well. So, to not get too scientific, try and avoid light when moving, fermenting or storing beer. The colour of the bottle boils down to personal preference and or availability.
    Primary: Bohemian Lager
    Secondary: Bohemian lager/ Ale fusion - Added US-05 to secondary
    Next up: Bohemian Lager
    Then: Bohemian Lager
    And Then: Bohemian Lager
    Conditioning: Chucked Fruit Ale

"What he doth, he doth by rule of Thumb, and not by Art."
    "What's the use of having a mind when you can't change it?"

Comment

green ones is fine. The Windhoek ones is a bit harder to cap but it can be done ....
      Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCrossBun View Post
        Hey guys, so I know green bottles can make beer taste skunky if exposed to light. Does anyone know if Windhoek Draught bottles are safe to use?
        I'm guessing Heineken bottles are out, though I have used those and didn't detect any weird flavours.
        Anyone have any info/educated guesses?
        I've been using Grolsch Bottles since day one... Never had a bad beer that would have anything to so with being exposed to light

I mean Millers and Bud come in clear bottles. Oh hang on... Clear bottles, crap beer
        Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post
          I've been using Grolsch Bottles since day one... Never had a bad beer that would have anything to so with being exposed to light

I mean Millers and Bud come in clear bottles. Oh hang on... Clear bottles, crap beer
          I think I've read somewhere that the beer that does come in green/clear bottles, has somehow been treated to avoid the skunking.

Comment

Working...
          X