Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Use gas so no issue with burnt bags, do not trust our local muncipality, would hate to be in the middle of a brew and the power fails.
    yeah, dont blame you with the state of the supply. i'm surprised every time i flick a switch that it actually works.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
      An electronic immersible thermometer. Should cost under R150 if the brew shop isn't pulling the piss.
      Do you think this would work in hot wort? It doesn't mention anything about water resistant or waterproof. Looks the same as on a homebrew shop online

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post
        Do you think this would work in hot wort? It doesn't mention anything about water resistant or waterproof. Looks the same as on a homebrew shop online

Those work yes
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Was just googling for the same last night and saw that pic at lightinabox (import site)

Where are you ordering from?

Comment

• Local > https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/4884...CAL_STOCK.html

Comment

• I have had one where the potting resin wasnt sealed properly and that fubar'ed. The rest have been used in the hour mash many times, (I dont bother in the boil any more, its always ~ the same temp) and lasted fine, apart from tarnishing
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Yes ... i got one of those. Works fine .. I think. -50C to 110C

Comment

• Lekker.. Thanks!

Comment

• Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Will confirm if the shop I found has stock then will go this route. Will post a link once stock is confirmed

Comment

• Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
                      Was just googling for the same last night and saw that pic at lightinabox (import site)

Where are you ordering from?
                      https://www.communica.co.za/products...perature-meter

The price makes me wonder what the markup is in some shops. Just phoned and the price is right and they have stock in Pretoria.

Comment

• thats a good price

Comment

• How do you know when the wort is infected? I took a sample tonight and was wondering. Best way I can describe the smell is it smelled like when you bake bread and add the yeast and then you smell the yeast.
                          The taste was almost the same.
                          Is there any sure way to know?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Odd question

Took a sample of WHAT wort ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                              Odd question

Took a sample of WHAT wort ?
                              Of an attempted weiss that's been in the FV for about 10 days now.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• If there's yeast added, it's beer. Actively fermenting beer doesn't taste very nice. Let it finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X