Page 155 of 174 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1740
  1. #1541

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_za1 View Post
    I was very tempted for the grainfather , but 14k vs 8k (including chiller, hops spider). Maybe in time I will pass the benoni brew to someone else and get the grainfather.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I get that, it is expensive for what amounts to an automated urn. But that automation really makes your brewing easier and quicker.

    I guess it is a case of buy once, cry once.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  2. #1542
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_za1 View Post
    I was very tempted for the grainfather , but 14k vs 8k (including chiller, hops spider). Maybe in time I will pass the benoni brew to someone else and get the grainfather.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldnt put the Grainfather in the premium category anymore. There are a few reasons for this, but mainly quality issues and controller problems since the company was sold.
    There are WAY better systems out there like SS Brewtech, Brew tools etc. Now those are properly sexy systems!!

  3. #1543

    Random small questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    I wouldnt put the Grainfather in the premium category anymore. There are a few reasons for this, but mainly quality issues and controller problems since the company was sold.
    There are WAY better systems out there like SS Brewtech, Brew tools etc. Now those are properly sexy systems!!
    I think the G30 is still pretty good. The G70 is perhaps a different story and it is hurting them, still there are people who are also happy with them. Maybe they will also release some improvements.

    I have been following Brewtools and even though they have been delivering quality, they are still having a lot of teething problems. They seem to be developing improvements weekly, overall people seem very happy with them. They are up there and with the Unitanks they are attracting even more attention.

    New premium comes at a price, 8 vs 14 vs 23k eina.

  4. #1544
    I personaly think that all in one systems like the grainfather are over rated.
    Had the money many a time to purchase one of these, spent it on something else.
    Having said this each to his own. If that is what you want, great.
    One of the selling points is consistancy, not important to me I am not selling my product.
    I have brewed the same beer more than once and happy they are consistant enough.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

  5. #1545
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,416
    Way overpriced also IMO

    Reminds me of a laptop ... double the price of a PC just because you can pick it up and take it with you
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  6. #1546
    It's just beer brewing after all. Done in pots for centuries. But there are always people who will pay more thinking its better. Total waste of money.
    Rather buy kegs and ingredients.

  7. #1547
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    2,493
    I have brewed way better beers with a cheap-ass urn setup before than some guys do in their GFs. I have never seen a more convenient system though, so if that's for you, go for it. Some people pay for convenience. We all got washing machines and tumble dryers and dishwashers and whatnot. GF is just another example.

  8. #1548
    Yes a GF will only take you so far, the rest is up to you.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

  9. #1549
    Guys what's the cheapest place to buy ball lock fittings and beer and gas line.
    And what lines do you use?

  10. #1550

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Guys what's the cheapest place to buy ball lock fittings and beer and gas line.
    And what lines do you use?
    Lines seems to be:
    https://www.beerplus.co.za/category/...es-pythons/224

    Ball lock fittings: kegsolutions, note they are kegland ones not CMB..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •