X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50g isn't crazy - she'll be right

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      You will have to take a mix of what we all say and a mix of what you see on YT and then just do your own thing.

You will struggle to find 50 brewers that does exactly the same thing ... and no-one can tell you what YOU"RE doing is wrong as homebrewing is not a thing that's set in stone
      100% true, best advice anyone can give you is to just make beer, you will make mistakes, you will make kak beer, you will make good ones, but just make beer. Nothing beats experience.

Once you start getting the hang of it, each beer you make will be the best one yet, until the next beer.

Cheers!! - Blonde Ale from the keg - kak photo, good beer!
      MmsCamera_2020-08-06-15-33-46.jpg

Comment

• Anyone know of a shop that has chocolate wheat and lactose in stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
          Anyone know of a shop that has chocolate wheat and lactose in stock?

I don't recall ever seeing Choc Wheat in our LHBS ... well at least not down here in CTN ?

PS: Is this the same thing as Midnight Wheat ?
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            I don't recall ever seeing Choc Wheat in our LHBS ... well at least not down here in CTN ?

PS: Is this the same thing as Midnight Wheat ?
            I don't think so, going from memory, I think midnight wheat is in excess of 1000 ebc, probably closer to 1300- though I've no experience with it, I remember reading about it somewhere. Choc wheat is around 800-900, like normal Choc malt.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Noted

Comment

• Hi, I got a ale extract kit and it started at 1.040, after 8 days it's at 1.023, about 3% abv. It's been there for the last 3 days, no activity from the airlock as well(possible leak). Fermenter is in a tub with water and aquarium heater. Temp during the day and night is around 17 - 18 deg. What to do? add more yeast, leave it for another few days and bottle if no change?

Comment

• Increase temp with a few c's

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thank you, will aim for 20 - 21c

Comment

• If you drill a 4mm hole in your fermenter lid, insert a grommet, cut the plug for the aquarium heater, you can thread it through. Better heat distribution

groenspookasem
                      Banned
                      Last edited by groenspookasem; 8 August 2020, 11:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                        If you drill a 4mm hole in your fermenter lid, insert a grommet, cut the plug for the aquarium heater, you can thread it through. Better heat distribution

I thought about it as well, but a lot of ppl say its okay and a lot also say its not? So I played it safe, next batch I will put it in the fermenter like you suggested.

Comment

• Just clean and sanitize before each use, i use this for sugarwashes now and it works well enough, wort goes in ferm fridge

Comment

• Help please. I'm about to do a MJ Pils and on the pack shows the info as shown in 1st pic. I have dextrose, enough for this beer. But the thing is I have no more beer kits and a MJ Pure Liquid Malt Extract (pic2).

Is this something I screwed up, or is it similar to the pure malt enhancer as stated on the pack in pic 1? Could I use any one or rather the dextrose?

Thanks

Comment

• You can safely use the Pure LME, likely much better result with that than with dextrose/dry enhancer

I did this when I was doing kits

Comment

• +1 what Bomb said .... Those to packs together will make a much better beer than pic1 + dex

Comment

Working...
                                X