Page 165 of 174 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1740

Since starting brewing.. All commercial stuff tastes horrible to me. Even my once favourite Windhoek Draught is terrible in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Neither .. had one, tasted like Castle Lager. Last one I had.
    Same as the Devlis Peak "Brewers Lager" what a load of poop that is, overprices SAB equivalent.

There is one SAB beer I really like and since I have been brewing its the only one I drink after a squash match at the club... Milk Stout!
    If you havent had one for a while, its actually a really good beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    Same as the Devlis Peak "Brewers Lager" what a load of poop that is, overprices SAB equivalent.

There is one SAB beer I really like and since I have been brewing its the only one I drink after a squash match at the club... Milk Stout!
    If you havent had one for a while, its actually a really good beer.
    100% I know Dewald says it gives him gout but I enjoy a good SAB milk or choclate stout, that shits good man.

My go-to beer when the Kegs are empty ....

Screenshot_26.jpg

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    My go-to beer when the Kegs are empty ....

Screenshot_26.jpg

Will check it out..

Fire extinguisher cylinder expiry date. How does that work? Do you replace them every xx years?

I can get a 2kg that has been standing a long time. Can it work? What will I need to do to get it ready for a kegging setup?

EDIT: From a google (not local)

"Pressurized water, carbon dioxide, and wet chemical extinguishers have a minimum service life of 5 years. After these respective time periods, to continue using a fire extinguisher, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requires that the extinguisher be subjected to service"

So does that mean all I need to do is get it serviced?
    Last edited by BruHaha; 24th May 2021 at 08:32.

Quote Originally Posted by BruHaha View Post
    Fire extinguisher cylinder expiry date. How does that work? Do you replace them every xx years?

I can get a 2kg that has been standing a long time. Can it work? What will I need to do to get it ready for a kegging setup?

EDIT: From a google (not local)

"Pressurized water, carbon dioxide, and wet chemical extinguishers have a minimum service life of 5 years. After these respective time periods, to continue using a fire extinguisher, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requires that the extinguisher be subjected to service"

So does that mean all I need to do is get it serviced?
    Correct, the expiry date is for the functioning of the fire extinguisher as exactly that, a fire extinguisher.

It depends on what you are paying for it, because you will have to replace the valve with a turn knob valve, take it to East Rand Fire in Kempton Park, they will refill, fit the valve, do a leak test, replace whatever needs replacing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    Correct, the expiry date is for the functioning of the fire extinguisher as exactly that, a fire extinguisher.

It depends on what you are paying for it, because you will have to replace the valve with a turn knob valve, take it to East Rand Fire in Kempton Park, they will refill, fit the valve, do a leak test, replace whatever needs replacing...

150 bucks.. Guess it's worth a gamble if it fails the test?

Absolutely, they retails for over a R1000.

Best is, phone East Rand Fire and ask them how much to replace the valve for beer dispensing valve and go from there, they charge R70 odd for a refill and check/service. There should also be someone closer to JHB North who can assist..

A turn valve costs around R400. You can get a refill and the turn valve installed, and diptube removed for that same money at East Rand Fire. R150 for a CO2 cylinder I'll take any day of the week. If you don't take it, I will. They cost like R850 for the CHEAPEST ones out there.

As a PS: I paid R400 for mine, full, with a turn valve installed. There are some pretty wicked bargains out there.