Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    10 minutes ! Wow, I'd like to see you clean, sanitize, dry or otherwise prep, fill and cap 40 bottles in 10 minutes. Is that 10 earth, africa or mercury minutes? Advantage is in quality of beer and quality of life, but if bottling works for you then it works. I personally cant stand doing it and drinking a beer from it either. It's a grudge beer.

No that is just the capping. Filling bottles and capping about 30 minutes, then there is still the cleaning time which is about 1 - 2 hours.
    In one intance of kegging compared to bottling, yes kegging is much quicker, but over many instances i.e. a year or more I think it can even out. With kegging you still have cleaning of keg, beer lines etc. There is maintenance on equipment, going out to fill CO2 bottles etc.

Hey but I could be wrong as I have never kegged, just what I have found in my research.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

I do both. Kegging is a bit more expensive - fridge for kegs, kegs, CO2 . Great for fresh beers and lager. I bottle for darker beers, works great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    No that is just the capping. Filling bottles and capping about 30 minutes, then there is still the cleaning time which is about 1 - 2 hours.
    In one intance of kegging compared to bottling, yes kegging is much quicker, but over many instances i.e. a year or more I think it can even out. With kegging you still have cleaning of keg, beer lines etc. There is maintenance on equipment, going out to fill CO2 bottles etc.

Hey but I could be wrong as I have never kegged, just what I have found in my research.
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Quote Originally Posted by Rikusj View Post
    Is there any real difference between the types of bench cappers sold by the various LHBS? I see small variations between them, but nothing that's fundamentally different between the various models... Or are the all much of a muchness?
    Apparently there is a specific brand that is a bit better quality and doesn't need as much force. Can't recall what the name is now

I have not progressed the keg route yet and bottle only at this stage.. and yes it's a bitch cleaning all the bottles and storing them .. full or empty. How I see it tho is that kegging is great for suiping at home.. having a bar setup and entertaining friends.. however dragging a keg to a friends braai or party is a bit of a slep - also you'll need a moerse coolerbox... possibly an upright version (lol) or you entertaining friend has space in his kegenator for you. .. otherwise taking bottles out to friends is easiest. .. So kegging at home and bottles at friends? Just my opinion.

@alexbrew that's my opinion on it, yes. Kegging for home use, and then only bottling what you want to take to friends.

If I go the kegging route, I'll probably go the growler route as well. Fill up a few litres to take to friends. I like my beers lower carbonated anyway, so it's perfect.

Would love to Keg right now but I don't think it will be on the cards till next year.. seems like a bench capper is the way to go.

P.s. dont take a keg full of NEIPA to a friend for tasting. All you end up with is a light cream milkshake. Not fun. So your growler idea is not bad for taking to friends

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PaBz0r View Post
    Apparently there is a specific brand that is a bit better quality and doesn't need as much force. Can't recall what the name is now
    I'd love to know which ones to avoid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rikusj View Post
    I'd love to know which ones to avoid!!
    I think it was the super agata one lol. Check some reviews

Don't want to start a new thread for this.
    I want to install a thermowell in to a urn for a temperature probe. Does the position in the urn matter, can it be towards the bottom same level as the tap, or must it be hire up more towards the middle? Also, where in Pretoria can I buy ready made thermowells or have one made up?
    If you see how I drink, you'll understand my username.
    I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.