Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
    Yeah don’t have any play. Do you have kegs maybe to test on see if the posts react the same?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/pX3b39L6Yjv2M2t19

Doesn't do it on a keg. Keg King posts must be different or manufacturing fault

Comment

• Yes Chris, I think it's possible its a completely different post. Years ago someone on this forum ordered post from e-bay ... it also didn't work ... he then found out you get posts of different measurements for different makes of kegs ... not sure exactly how that works, as surely they make only one standard disconnect?
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
        Yes Chris, I think it's possible its a completely different post. Years ago someone on this forum ordered post from e-bay ... it also didn't work ... he then found out you get posts of different measurements for different makes of kegs ... not sure exactly how that works, as surely they make only one standard disconnect?
        It crazy yes. Surely just make one standard size.
        Anyway brewmart say they have a container leaving Australia in a couple days and will get spares for me. That could take a while.
        For now I'll try a slightly bigger o'ring or a cmb disconnect

Comment

• Sounds like my decision to use Sankey kegs was cleverer than expected.............

Comment

• I am actually not impressed with corneys. I would switch to Sankey in a second if I could get the chance to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
              I am actually not impressed with corneys. I would switch to Sankey in a second if I could get the chance to do so.
              cheaper than you think

Coupler is a once-off purchase : R500 used from Bevan
              SAB kegs are around R400 if you shop around.

Comment

• But you need a cold room or very large freezer for SAB kegs. Not practical really for a home brewer or for a keezer

Comment

• You get slimline Sankey kegs don't you? I thought I saw ones, think they were 20L if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post
                    You get slimline Sankey kegs don't you? I thought I saw ones, think they were 20L if I'm not mistaken.
                    You do but they not SAB so you going to pay a lot.

Comment

• Maybe Windhoek then? IIRC it was a commercial keg, maybe a Windhoek or something like that.

I would like to get into kegging, so need to learn from you guys before I also go the wrong route

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                        But you need a cold room or very large freezer for SAB kegs. Not practical really for a home brewer or for a keezer
                        True, they are wide, but a 30L SAB fits into a chest freezer........tightly

Originally posted by RudiC View Post
                        You get slimline Sankey kegs don't you? I thought I saw ones, think they were 20L if I'm not mistaken.
                        Slimline 30 and 20L. Facebook Marketplace is your friend. Picked up 10 of those @ R750 each.

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                        You do but they not SAB so you going to pay a lot.
                        See above

Originally posted by RudiC View Post
                        Maybe Windhoek then? IIRC it was a commercial keg, maybe a Windhoek or something like that.

I would like to get into kegging, so need to learn from you guys before I also go the wrong route
                        No. Windhoek / Nam Brew uses Sankey S, I don't trust the coupler system when it comes to hygiene and you can't unscrew/remove the spear.

Comment

• I got a 50L SAB keg for 900. Its mint condition, still shiny.
                          I converted it to 4" tri clover with ball lock posts and floating diptube. It serves 2 purposed now. Kegmenter and keg.
                          But that means on 1 keg in the keezer instead of 4 Corneys.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post
                            Yes you do.

...but I'm on the other side of the scale ... Im a Corny fan
                            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Corneys are convenient, that's for sure. And they fit my fridge easily. So that's a bonus. I know if I get another one, it'll fit as well. And another. And another...

Can't say the same for Sankey kegs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                                Yes you do.

...but I'm on the other side of the scale ... Im a Corny fan
                                In my mind the Corny kegs are the best for home use. That was my idea for when I get to start kegging. Easily filled and serviced, slim enough to get a few inside a small-ish chest freezer. Luckily not something I have to decide on any time soon. My only decisions at this stage is which colour cap and what size bottle I want to use for that batch, well mostly cap colour cause I use 440 and 750ml bottles

Comment

Working...
                                X