Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 777
  1. #721

    You can get decent copper from some solid core flex(twin and earth) electrical cable as well.

    I just used cable ties on mine and its pretty solid.

  2. #722
    Anyone used PET kegs? Can they be re-used (although they are advertised as single use)?

    The reason why I ask is for transport weight and space - for when I go on holiday...:-)

  3. #723
    Thanks! I just realized I've got a bunch of twin and earth in the garage! Think I'll see if I can up-cycle some of that! I've been coming up dry at hardware and hobby shops... Man, Leroy Merlin seems to have a ton of stuff... wish they had a presence in Cape Town...

  4. #724
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    Anyone used PET kegs? Can they be re-used (although they are advertised as single use)?

    The reason why I ask is for transport weight and space - for when I go on holiday...:-)
    I'll go with single use for a reason. You probably could reuse it, but whether you should is debatable. What's the worst that could happen? Failure in transit or failure when carbonating, both sound bad. What's this holiday you speak of? You know something we dont? :-D

  5. #725
    Is it really necessary for a separate bottling bucket?
    Why can you not just add carbonation sugar (mixed with little bit previously boiled water) to the entire batch in the fermentor bucket and bottle straight from there?

  6. #726
    Most of us do. After you pour give it 10 min to settle before you start bottling

  7. #727
    I have been bottling from the fermeter and adding sugar to each bottle. My brew buddy has moved away so I think I am going to batch prime as everyone does just based on ease and wanting to push the carb level ahead of what the scoops can offer.

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

  8. #728
    Great, thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Most of us do. After you pour give it 10 min to settle before you start bottling

  9. #729
    Anyone know how the 25L Blow Moulded Fermenter from NFP looks like? my fermenter/bottling bucket its not airtight anymore, its a small thing, but I want to see the airlock working when I walk past it. I got one of those blue 25L HDPE 2 drums for a replacement but the bottom is not flat, make stirring and cleaning a issue. Looking for something like the pictures below.
    3.1-30L-Plastic-Fermenter-min.jpg1547453515.jpg

  10. #730

    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
    Anyone know how the 25L Blow Moulded Fermenter from NFP looks like? my fermenter/bottling bucket its not airtight anymore, its a small thing, but I want to see the airlock working when I walk past it. I got one of those blue 25L HDPE 2 drums for a replacement but the bottom is not flat, make stirring and cleaning a issue. Looking for something like the pictures below.
    3.1-30L-Plastic-Fermenter-min.jpg1547453515.jpg
    That first one is the plastic fermenter sold by Brewcraft, Mangrove Jacks, I think.

    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •