Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SykomantiS View Post
    That first one is the plastic fermenter sold by Brewcraft, Mangrove Jacks, I think.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yes it is, but I dont think they stock then anymore.

The 2nd one should be available from bevplus
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Jip correct the second one is from the bevplus website, been keeping an eye on it for a while but its out of stock the whole time, guess is should just be patient. Will drop them a mail as well.

What to use to keep fermentation temp during winter (don't have a fermentation chamber), using a heat belt or put the fermenter in a tub with water and get a aquarium heater or?

Quote Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
    What to use to keep fermentation temp during winter (don't have a fermentation chamber), using a heat belt or put the fermenter in a tub with water and get a aquarium heater or?
    Put fermenter inside a cardboard box with an electric reptile heat pad.

If you have a STC1000 type controller, connect that to the reptile pad so it goes on/off as needed, otherwise monitor with a temp probe and manually control.

You could also build a box from styrofoam
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

never thought of styrofoam, should be cheap as well. Thank you

Looking into 30L kegs, but can only find prices on brand new ones that's a bit expensive, any places selling used ones that's still good?

Quote Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
    Looking into 30L kegs, but can only find prices on brand new ones that's a bit expensive, any places selling used ones that's still good?
    Other than the Tree of Gum, nope

Heaps of new distillers buying those to convert, I have my eye on a 50l keg, solely for pilsner. I'll ping here if the bloke gets some again

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Friend of mine got a used 30L keg beginning of the year for R700. But the person does not have any left. Will also post here if I find any

Not saying anyone is. Just a plea though - please make sure if you are buying a second hand keg that the person selling it is actually the owner of the keg (or bought it legitimately). It's a huge issue for the breweries that their kegs go missing/don't get retruned. And while they do have deposits, it doesn't come close to the cost of a new replacement keg (as you've seen).

If you do see a breweries kegs up for sale, please drop a message to the brewery so that they can engage the seller.