Page 197 of 200 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Cactus Craft will most probably send you a new one. Willie and Anel there are caring toward their customers.

Regarding the beer - don't worry about it. I've had beer exposed to oxygen a lot more and it turned out fine. I personally believe people stress too much over oxygen in certain beers - like a cream ale. It's not a very hop forward beer, so don't worry about it :P

Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Cactus Craft will most probably send you a new one. Willie and Anel there are caring toward their customers.

Regarding the beer - don't worry about it. I've had beer exposed to oxygen a lot more and it turned out fine. I personally believe people stress too much over oxygen in certain beers - like a cream ale. It's not a very hop forward beer, so don't worry about it :P
    Thanks for the reassurance. Interesting it reached FG, when I opened fermenter it still looked very active...

Hopefully it turns out fine. Regarding Cactus, their service has always geen great, will give them a call today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    How about reaching out to breweries close to you for that water info ?

EDIT: how far off is this: https://reservoir.co.za/municipaliti...hannesburg.htm
    I actually hadn't thought of reaching out to a local brewery. That's a great idea!
    Thanks Jigsaw

Yeah so this is exactly the site I stumbled upon. I think I'm just bad at reading these reports then as suspected lol!
    So when looking at this report for June for example, am I focusing on the 'Mean' column for the chemicals that I'm interested in? As that seems to line up with my water report from builders for PH and Free Chlorine at least (PH of 7.9 and Free Chlorine of 0.15 vs 0.19).

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Also had the cheap yellow ome, also lasted about a year then needed to be calibrated almost after every use. Ended up in the bin.
    Have yet to get a another PH meter.
    And your beers are turning out fine without checking PH? Maybe for now I should also go the Litmus Strips route like Rudi and see how the beers turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboSpit View Post
    And your beers are turning out fine without checking PH? Maybe for now I should also go the Litmus Strips route like Rudi and see how the beers turn out.
    Did about 90 brews that I measured the PH. it was always in the range of 5.2 - 5.8
    So now I do not bother about checking PH and my beers turn out fine.
    However I do not brew very dark beers that could lower PH under 5.2.
    Darkest beer I have brewed is a brown ale but I did that when I was checking PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_za1 View Post
    Should I worry about oxygenation in my beer? I did bottle everything.
    Don't worry too much. Seeing that you are bottling and presumably priming with dextrose (or whatever), you'll have a small secondary fermentation going on inside your bottle - creating CO2. During this process yeast wants a little bit of oxygen - so not all bad. If you are still worried about possible oxygenation, dink the beer quickly - takes about 6 weeks for the oxygenation process to develop them cardboard off-flavours. You'll taste it quick enough, also the colour of the beer will darken and a haze will develop - you can watch out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Don't worry too much. Seeing that you are bottling and presumably priming with dextrose (or whatever), you'll have a small secondary fermentation going on inside your bottle - creating CO2. During this process yeast wants a little bit of oxygen - so not all bad. If you are still worried about possible oxygenation, dink the beer quickly - takes about 6 weeks for the oxygenation process to develop them cardboard off-flavours. You'll taste it quick enough, also the colour of the beer will darken and a haze will develop - you can watch out for that.
    Will try my best in the next 6 weeks

It's just such a shame, this was my first beer where I felt everything went well only to be let down at the end... But let's see where we are in 2 weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She'll be good
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Did about 90 brews that I measured the PH. it was always in the range of 5.2 - 5.8
    So now I do not bother about checking PH and my beers turn out fine.
    However I do not brew very dark beers that could lower PH under 5.2.
    Darkest beer I have brewed is a brown ale but I did that when I was checking PH.
    You are however adjusting some of your water. What is your take on with/without adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by PaBz0r View Post
    You are however adjusting some of your water. What is your take on with/without adjustments?

I use RO water so I do adjust my water.
    When I did PH readings I usually got in the required range. Mostly between 5.5 and 5.8
    After adjusting it was a bit lower.
    Based purely on PH it was then not really required to add salts.
    However salts do more than just adjust PH that is why I add it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboSpit View Post
    I actually hadn't thought of reaching out to a local brewery. That's a great idea!
    Thanks Jigsaw

Yeah so this is exactly the site I stumbled upon. I think I'm just bad at reading these reports then as suspected lol!
    So when looking at this report for June for example, am I focusing on the 'Mean' column for the chemicals that I'm interested in? As that seems to line up with my water report from builders for PH and Free Chlorine at least (PH of 7.9 and Free Chlorine of 0.15 vs 0.19).

I would assume so yes and that's what i would also use ... someone else that used that report before would have to correct us if we reading it wrong.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!