Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    But you need a cold room or very large freezer for SAB kegs. Not practical really for a home brewer or for a keezer
    True, they are wide, but a 30L SAB fits into a chest freezer........tightly

Quote Originally Posted by RudiC View Post
    You get slimline Sankey kegs don't you? I thought I saw ones, think they were 20L if I'm not mistaken.
    Slimline 30 and 20L. Facebook Marketplace is your friend. Picked up 10 of those @ R750 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    You do but they not SAB so you going to pay a lot.
    See above

Maybe Windhoek then? IIRC it was a commercial keg, maybe a Windhoek or something like that.

I would like to get into kegging, so need to learn from you guys before I also go the wrong route
    No. Windhoek / Nam Brew uses Sankey S, I don't trust the coupler system when it comes to hygiene and you can't unscrew/remove the spear.

I got a 50L SAB keg for 900. Its mint condition, still shiny.
    I converted it to 4" tri clover with ball lock posts and floating diptube. It serves 2 purposed now. Kegmenter and keg.
    But that means on 1 keg in the keezer instead of 4 Corneys.

You get slimline Sankey kegs don't you? I thought I saw ones, think they were 20L if I'm not mistaken.
    Yes you do.

...but I'm on the other side of the scale ... Im a Corny fan
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Corneys are convenient, that's for sure. And they fit my fridge easily. So that's a bonus. I know if I get another one, it'll fit as well. And another. And another...

Can't say the same for Sankey kegs.

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Yes you do.

...but I'm on the other side of the scale ... Im a Corny fan
    In my mind the Corny kegs are the best for home use. That was my idea for when I get to start kegging. Easily filled and serviced, slim enough to get a few inside a small-ish chest freezer. Luckily not something I have to decide on any time soon. My only decisions at this stage is which colour cap and what size bottle I want to use for that batch, well mostly cap colour cause I use 440 and 750ml bottles

corny kegs are easier to clean for sure

Don't have money for fancy fermentation chamber at the moment. Anyone use reptile heating pad with fermentation? My house gets very cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_za1 View Post
    Don't have money for fancy fermentation chamber at the moment. Anyone use reptile heating pad with fermentation? My house gets very cold.

that's pretty fancy. Yes I use an old fridge and reptile mat to manage my temps. when I started out I used a bucket, T-shirt and a fan aka Swamp cooler.

do you have an STC-1000 to make sure it doesn't get to hot, if you don't, I would skip it personally. my mat can get my fridge to high 30's without to much issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    that's pretty fancy. Yes I use an old fridge and reptile mat to manage my temps. when I started out I used a bucket, T-shirt and a fan aka Swamp cooler.

do you have an STC-1000 to make sure it doesn't get to hot, if you don't, I would skip it personally. my mat can get my fridge to high 30's without to much issue.
    The heating pad is like R85 and uses 14 Watts. Don't think it would be very effective for 30 degrees.

No stc.

You can use an electric blanket, wrap it around fermenter and wrap a blanket over the eletric blanket.
    I used to do this before I had a fermentation chamber, worked quite well.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer