Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1034

yeah, what jigsaw & kegsolutions said, diluted 30% sodium hydroxide / caustic soda solution works well for kegs,lines etc. but i dont use it in my gf, pump and copper cfc...

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    http://kegsolutions.co.za/caustic-soda-cleaning/

But like said already, Sodium Percarbonate should be fine ... I've been using it as in forever
    Smart!! Thanks a million [mention]JIGSAW [/mention]

I see that other place, think blackwell? is out of stock. Will check back regularly to check.

Sodium Percarbonate might be the solution.

Thanks for all the replies, appreciate it

Since I am now waiting on copper tubing to make a chiller, I am left with trying to do a no-chill beer. I have never done one of these before having put my brew pot in an ice bath for the previous batches. Looking at my stock last night I realized I need to brew today or I am going to run dry and I don't have enough ice so that's not an option this time.

If I don't have a cube to put my wort in, can I pour the hot wort into my plastic fermentation bucket and leave it overnight with the oxygen layer on the top and then pitch yeast, or will that just make it die instantly?
    There once was a man from Nantucket.
    Who brewed his beer in a bucket.
    He put the wort into there,
    to cut down on the air.
    Then drank it all up like a muppet.

Jip you can do that. Ive done it many times. I just fit a bubbler so the air sucked in is free of bugs and such. If i plan to pitch yeast asap i dont cube i just go straight to the fermenter.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Baie dankie oom Jannie. I have 3 cases of quarts left and the people in my complex are frikken knocking on my door as I am the only brewer in the complex. Never mind that 3 of the ones asking for beer the most are the same ones who wanted to issue me a fine for brewing, you know because "it smells funny"
    to cut down on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedPiggy View Post
    Baie dankie oom Jannie. I have 3 cases of quarts left and the people in my complex are frikken knocking on my door as I am the only brewer in the complex. Never mind that 3 of the ones asking for beer the most are the same ones who wanted to issue me a fine for brewing, you know because "it smells funny"
    Sounds like a fun complex!
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Quote Originally Posted by FriedPiggy View Post

Fnck that shit ... they can have once and that's it! ... Afterwards I will give them ...
    Tom Betts.jpg

PS: you can also leave the beer right in the brew pot and transfer the next day or later the same day
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    PS: you can also leave the beer right in the brew pot and transfer the next day or later the same day
    *** Did you mean 'wort' ?***

PS. Sorry, couldnt resist.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Ok Ok, POTENTIAL beer
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Successful brew day behind me with the wort sitting all nice and cozy in my fermenter. Have sommer put one of those blue ice bricks next to it as well since this is Durban and we live on the surface of the sun in summer.
    to cut down on the air.