No announcement yet.

Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just beer brewing after all. Done in pots for centuries. But there are always people who will pay more thinking its better. Total waste of money.
    Rather buy kegs and ingredients.

Comment

• I have brewed way better beers with a cheap-ass urn setup before than some guys do in their GFs. I have never seen a more convenient system though, so if that's for you, go for it. Some people pay for convenience. We all got washing machines and tumble dryers and dishwashers and whatnot. GF is just another example.

Comment

• Yes a GF will only take you so far, the rest is up to you.
        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Guys what's the cheapest place to buy ball lock fittings and beer and gas line.
          And what lines do you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
            Guys what's the cheapest place to buy ball lock fittings and beer and gas line.
            And what lines do you use?
            Lines seems to be:
            https://www.beerplus.co.za/category/...es-pythons/224

Ball lock fittings: kegsolutions, note they are kegland ones not CMB..

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
              Lines seems to be:
              https://www.beerplus.co.za/category/...es-pythons/224

Ball lock fittings: kegsolutions, note they are kegland ones not CMB..
              I'm trying to find everything I need from 1 shop and it's a mission. Ketelkraal are cheap at R120 a pair for ball locks but they have no line.

Beerplus lines are cheap but they don't have 3/16

Kegsolutions are expensive

And on top of that I'm trying to decide on using barbs or threads

Comment

• I really need to find another pin lock keg. Anyone got one lying around they don't use for a bargain?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                  I really need to find another pin lock keg. Anyone got one lying around they don't use for a bargain?
                  I have one that I'm willing to swap for a ball lock keg (everything else in my system is ball lock apart from this one keg).

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
                    I have one that I'm willing to swap for a ball lock keg (everything else in my system is ball lock apart from this one keg).
                    I have the same problem and I'm considering getting the post conversion kits

Comment

I have the same problem and I'm considering getting the post conversion kits
                      Tried that, they didn't fit. Contacted the seller (bid or buy), had them swapped out for another set, also didn't fit, sent everything back and got a refund.

Comment

• Heh I'm considering swapping over to ball lock as well. Ball locks are everywhere, pin locks not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
                          Tried that, they didn't fit. Contacted the seller (bid or buy), had them swapped out for another set, also didn't fit, sent everything back and got a refund.
                          Were they 9/16-18 thread?

Comment

• https://www.homebrewing.org/Keg-Post...ad_p_1808.html

Comment

• Standard ball lock threads are 19/32 and will not fit. Needs to be 9/16

Comment

Were they 9/16-18 thread?
                                Errr... Yes/No/Maybe?
                                I bought these
                                https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/4875..._Post_Kit.html
                                They were (slightly) too large to fit on the keg thread.

I do know it's an AEB keg, and those are listed for AEB kegs, but... Well, no.

Comment

Working...
                                X