Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Craft beer bottles i keep for homebrew. However, if the label does not come off with hot water and soak, i chuck them in the bin. Darling Brew comes to mind.
    Grolch bottles are my testers. Normally fill about 4 of them per batch. Will open 1st one at 10 days, second one at 2 week, then 20 days. Or experimental brews goes into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    What do you do with all the different sizes and shapes of bottles, I currently have 15 different beer bottles, some empty and some with home brew in it.
    I try to fill them with beer
    Cheers

Jacques

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    What do you do with all the different sizes and shapes of bottles, I currently have 15 different beer bottles, some empty and some with home brew in it.

I used different types for different styles of beer. Sometimes it works, until I forget which is which.
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Haha, good idea Pretorjn ;-) I should stop collecting 6 of each bottle thinking I will use them in future and just stick with 330 and 440 ml bottles, but I also like those nice and tall 500 ml And Union bottles

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
    I value your experience more than your opinion - Time is on your side, never rush a beer - Don't believe all the crap you read on the www

So my random question.
    I have a stainless fermenter that I've cleaned after my last brew day. My problem is that it still has a light fruity odour. Have you guys experienced the same?Planning to do a caustic wash over the weekend to see if I can get it odourless.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    So my random question.
    I have a stainless fermenter that I've cleaned after my last brew day. My problem is that it still has a light fruity odour. Have you guys experienced the same?Planning to do a caustic wash over the weekend to see if I can get it odourless.
    I caustic then acid wash always.

Odour implies residual organic matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    I caustic then acid wash always.

Odour implies residual organic matter.
    That is my my thinking and fear. Will give a odour report over the weekend post caustic wash.

I saw an alternative CIP protocol somewhere that used acid, then caustic, then rinse.

I'll see if I can find the info for you.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kingcur View Post
    I saw an alternative CIP protocol somewhere that used acid, then caustic, then rinse.

Thanks, I've got a few fermenters that I'm willing to dedicate to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcur View Post

illogical

caustic is alkaline and removes organic, acid does not

first caustic, then rinse then neutralise any caustic with acid cleaner